Burpee Bank

Options
sapalee
sapalee Posts: 409 Member
Someone just posted this on another site and thought it was a clever idea to share, hope he doesn't mind:

"So I came up with an idea to keep all of us accountable for the way we eat while getting a workout from it.

Every time you eat something not in your diet plan you add 10 burpees to the burpee bank. The week will go from Saturday-Friday. You can do the burpees whenever you want throughout the week but they must be completed by Friday night.

Use your judgement about how bad your food choices are. A night of drinking wont be equal to a few cookies so add a little extra to even things out, maybe 40-50 or so.

Also, any burpees done during the week in other workouts will not count towards your Burpee Bank total.

Post how many you're adding and what your total is for the end of the week if you'd like.

So far I'm up to 60 from my saturday drinks and some crackers I ate today."

I'm already doing the 100 day burpee challenge so I'm not sure if I want to do this as well, but looks pretty clever. I can see myself bargaining though... yes, that dark choc gelato is worth 20 burpees....

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    UGH! I haaaaaaaaaaaaate burpees. Hate hate hate hate hate.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    UGH! I haaaaaaaaaaaaate burpees. Hate hate hate hate hate.

Could be a really good tool then....
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    An interesting idea.
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I dig it...

I'm gonna have to create a burpee bank jar for the top of my fridge and use poker chips to represent each set of ten...