Has anyone tried running with a pushchair/stroller??

Options
I really want to start long distance running, i haven't done it before. I downloaded C25k but am finding it really hard to find the time to do it as im a stay at home mum and my boyfriend doesnt get home until about 6pm and by the time ive fed the little one etc i feel too tired to do it!
The only way to fit it in seems to be to take my baby in the pushchair with me during the day. As im really new to running and struggle running even for a minute will this be too hard? has anyone tried it??

Replies

• ashleyashleyashley93
    Options
    I know what you mean! I am a new mom to a 2 month old and working out with new babies is such a challenge. My husband and I used to go to the gym daily... it was kind of a way that brought us together! And now, I don't know how to work out with my babe. I wish you luck, girl!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I love our jogging stroller. It's a double BOB. Works great and as your child grows the resistance grows with them. LOL.
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    With the right stroller it can definitely be done, but it takes some getting used to. Pushing the weight of the stroller requires more effort, and I also find that my stride is shorter than my normal running stride, which feels a little funny.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    They make jogging strollers. If you can find one at the right height, it just adds a little resistance and you'll just need to lower your pace a bit, but you'll be fine.

My problem is, at 6' 3", when my daughter was able to fit in one, I was unable to find one that had a tall and long enough handle. My stride would have to be ridiculously short and I'd have to lean over all the time to reach down to the handle, so running was doubly frustrating - I'd keep kicking the rear axle and tripping myself up, or my back would finally reach the point where it was too painful to continue from leaning down to accommodate the handle. It was like the "treadmill from hell", and I finally just bought a treadmill.

But I've seen people run with them and they look happy enough, not scarred up and bleeding from another concrete face plant and/or hunched over and looking in pain.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I run every weekend with a jogging stroller. It does take some getting used to but, it's a great workout. If I don't go out running with my son I take him for a walk & pull him in the wagon. Another great workout. I only do these on the weekends. During the week, I still run solo and love it :heart: