How to Feel Full?

Options
One thing I do to "feel full" is to drink water or eat an apple as a snack. Drinking water makes me feel full and it has no calories. I am wondering how you feel that void when you are hungry after an hour or two of just eating?

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    decaf coffee / diet decaf soda after a meal. water doesn't work as well, but it works eventually.

what seems to work even better is a cup of decaf before the meal.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat every 2-3 hours and I eat a lot of fiber-y food. I am rarely hungry and certainly not hungry and needing to trick myself into feeling full-I usually AM full. When I'm hungry-I eat.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    decaf coffee / diet decaf soda after a meal. water doesn't work as well, but it works eventually.

what seems to work even better is a cup of decaf before the meal.

:facepalm:
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm truly hungry. If I've just eaten, it means that I didn't have enough protein and I eat something else. If it's been a while, I have some water and a snack. If it's night time, I have some tea.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    meal planning
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I'm a water girl - i try to drink two glasses before I eat anything!
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Water and pickles or olives. Usually about 10 olives gets me through to next meal time.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Decaf green tea or any other decaf tea. No sweetner, artificial or other. I think just "tasting" something keeps me from feeling hungry.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Water and pickles or olives. Usually about 10 olives gets me through to next meal time.

Really I never thought of olives. If water isn't working I usually mix myself a protein powder drink
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    One thing I do to "feel full" is to drink water or eat an apple as a snack. Drinking water makes me feel full and it has no calories. I am wondering how you feel that void when you are hungry after an hour or two of just eating?
    I eat every 2 hours, and have a glass of water every 2 hours. I actually go so far as to schedule it. I'm weird but I'm NEVER feeling deprived that way and I stay within my calorie range. I find that if I let myself get TOO hungry, I eat TOO much. To me, it's better to have small snacks/meals throughout the day.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Increase protein intake drastically and increase your fiber intake by eating a crapload of fibrous vegetables. If you're dieting and decide to low carb, that will naturally supress appetite for some folks. An appetite supressant may be beneficial as well.
  • xilef76
    xilef76 Posts: 5
    Options
    If you are talking about in between meals:

You're gonna pee a lot, but water is the #1 secret!

#2 and #3 is Fiber and Protein, Hard boiled egg whites is my weapon of choise, low in calories

No empty calories with no nutritional value such as a diet soda, so I disagree with one of the comments, but if it works for them, then awesome!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I love olives...they are my number 1 snack! :o)
  • reddrockett
    reddrockett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein!

This
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a serving of Greek yogurt (very high in protein) and/or a serving of high fiber cereal (dry) at work as part of my breakfast or snack and it keeps me satisfied for a long time! I've always heard that fiber and protein will fill you up but I never realized it REALLY does until I started incorporating more of it. Plus I'm always trying to drink a lot of water all day long.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Pickles, low cal and crunchy, satisfies small hunger. Water, coffee, and green tea all work for me as well. Apples are pretty good or a couple clementines, or a small orange.
    I tried diet pops but they just made me want sugar because aspartame is icky tasting I think.