• denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love my kindle fire!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have a Kindle and a Kindle Fire.

I love my Kindle for reading. It's just awesome. Lightweight, no glare on the screen (even in the sun) and it fits in my purse.

I got the Kindle Fire mainly as something for my daughter to play games on and watch videos. I do not like reading on it because, as with any backlit screen, it wears on my eyes and the glare can be terrible. Plus it is heavier than the regular Kindle and can get very warm to the touch. When you sit on your fat *kitten* for 3 or 4 hours at a time reading like I do, it can get kinda uncomfortable to hang on to.

that is all . . . .
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If you're primary use is for reading then I'd go for one of the readers, they are much easier on the eyes after long hours than say an ipad. If you foresee yourself doing other things then it's ipad all the way. I love mine. I actually gave my laptop away after I bought it.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have an iPad for indoors (plus waterproof case for bathtime!), Kindle for outdoors. If you plan to use this in anything resembling "moderately bright daylight", you may as well forget about a tablet.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have to think about it. I would love the iPad but I know its pricey. And knowing me I wouldn't just use it for school either.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I bought a nook color for a variety of reasons. Cost about half as much as an iPad, I managed to root it without messing up the main programming (it has a boot for sd card option), it works fairly well for whatever I do, and I can watch netflix on it. Than and nook allows me to have all my books on every computer, tablet, phone, and device I own, so if I lose the nook for a bit (my wife had a crossword addiction), I can still read them on any number of other devices.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have to think about it. I would love the iPad but I know its pricey. And knowing me I wouldn't just use it for school either.
    Knowing you could use it for many things beyond just school would increase it's value, wouldn't it?
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Knowing you could use it for many things beyond just school would increase it's value, wouldn't it?

Yesh, but I'm a student, and money's hard to come by with all the expenses for college lol