Best cross training shoes for Insanity?

Options
seckler
seckler Posts: 169 Member
I have ordered Insanity and know that I need to be looking for a good pair of shoes. I have hurt my feet doing Turbo Fire with my running shoes on and I don't want to do that during Insanity. So, what are the best shoes for Insanity?

Replies

• seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No one has a favorite pair of shoes for this type of workout?
  • skullsnunicorns
    skullsnunicorns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I do it barefoot. Not sure if that's the best way, but I've not had any problems.
  • kmsprague
    Options
    I might be alittle late but you should look into cross training shoes. They will give the support you need. Good luck.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You want to get the best pair of cross training shoes that you can afford. Basketball shoes are awesome for Insanity. I have four different pairs of shoes I use for Insanity because I have a bum right knee and certain days I feel pain certain days I don't. Certain days I need extra support, other days not so much. Make sure you only use them in the house though, don't wear them outside or wear them out you want to keep them in good shape. I am a NIKE fan and have been since age 14. But you really need to get out there and go to several shoe stores and try on every shoe that you can from every brand out there and walk around the store in them, sprint down the isle, jump up and down, jump side to side and run around a little. Basically look like a fool in public lol. Because I can tell you all the shoes that I own that work for me, but they may not work for you. And you really want a shoe that is going to keep your ankles nice and tight for the plyo moves and the side to side moves. Nike Dri Fit socks are the best also, not the super thick padded heel/toe ones but the lightweight thin ones that look like Peds. I do Insanity and my light grey Nike's are dark grey by the time I am done, but my feet are as dry as a desert. Don't ask me how but they are and those sock are amazing.