chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Replies

• mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Did you know I just recenty finished all my prereqs for nursing but currently a banker? Two year waiting list for the program here.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Two years really...over here it's immediate placement...even in Boston
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hello Krystal...do you know that I never wanted to be a nurse but think it great that you are?
    Can you believe I ask myself
    "What were you thinking?"
    most days?
  • mandipandi75

Don't you know that's a long way to go for clinical hours?
  • chosengiver
    Did you know I just recenty finished all my prereqs for nursing but currently a banker? Two year waiting list for the program here.
    Actually, yes..I can believe that!
    Would you consider this....many people "think" they want to be a nurse, but once they are here, they really don't want to take care of people!!!
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member

Don't you know that's a long way to go for clinical hours?

How many clinical hours do you have to do? I know my classmates in college told me, but that was 16 years ago
  • mandipandi75
    Would you believe there is alittle more than a 1,000? The training blocks and clinical hours left I will be doing in 16 months.
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Hello Krystal...do you know that I never wanted to be a nurse but think it great that you are?
    most days?

I think nurses are a special breed of person...you should be proud that you help people the way you do...aren't you?
  • mandipandi75
    Actually, yes..I can believe that!
    Would you consider this....many people "think" they want to be a nurse, but once they are here, they really don't want to take care of people!!!

Would you believe I never considered being a nurse until my own serious illness? I've been in the financial industry for 20 years.
  • chosengiver
    most days?
    I think nurses are a special breed of person...you should be proud that you help people the way you do...aren't you?
    Is it not obvious I care for people & their hearts, but government and politics takes precedence where I work, making it very difficult to just take care of others?
    Also, may I mention not everyone wants to be taken care of when they are ill, b/c they have their own idea of how they should be cared for at that time? However, I should mention..didn't their lifestyle choices help to play a part of why they must come to visit me--or someone like me? Hence, obviously, that wasn't working before--why should it work now?
  • mandipandi75
    most days?
    Is it not obvious I care for people & their hearts, but government and politics takes precedence where I work, making it very difficult to just take care of others?
    Also, may I mention not everyone wants to be taken care of when they are ill, b/c they have their own idea of how they should be cared for at that time? However, I should mention..didn't their lifestyle choices help to play a part of why they must come to visit me--or someone like me? Hence, obviously, that wasn't working before--why should it work now?

Would you believe I totally understand that? I want to get my license and get into an administration role.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Would you believe my mom was a nurse?
    But isn't admin more politics than nursing?
  • mandipandi75
    Would you believe I already have that background?
  • Panda_1999
    Can I say that it sounds like a good move then?
  • chosengiver
    Would you believe we have enough people in admin & not nearly enough nurses at the bedside?
    Would you consider the phrase "too many chiefs and not enough indians"?
  • Panda_1999
    Is it a shortage of qualified caregivers or that hospitals don't want to pay for enough floor nurses?
  • mandipandi75
    Could this turn politcal now? lol
  • Panda_1999
    Would you like it to? lol

Would you believe they want me to work now? Will pop in later...
  • mandipandi75
    Would you believe we have enough people in admin & not nearly enough nurses at the bedside?
    Would you consider the phrase "too many chiefs and not enough indians"?

Would you think indians need a chief on their side?
  • chosengiver
    Is it a shortage of qualified caregivers or that hospitals don't want to pay for enough floor nurses?
    Would you believe imo it is neither of the 2, but more like there are not enough people willing to do the job that is required?