Been a member for a while now

Options
MTapester
MTapester Posts: 13 Member
Hello,

I've been a member for a while now and finely got around to checking out the forums. So I thought I would introduce myself and share my story. (I’m not the best writer so all apologize upfront)

A few years ago I realized my weight was getting out of control and tried to do something about it. Continued to fail after a few months and hit my highest point of 402 lbs. I couldn’t find a way to stick to it, till this past January. A local personal trainer called out a challenge to the city to get everyone to lose 12 tons of weight and along with this he started a free life change class that he offered to people over 330 lbs.

Needless to say I was sick and tired of being this way. Always having to think ahead on where to sit when going places or thinking ahead to how I was going to get up if I needed to get something off the ground.
So I jumped on board and would say if anyone else is ever given the opportunity and passes on it would be crazy. I had been working on my own since two years and was only able to get myself down to 379lbs, so a little help couldn’t hurt. It hasn’t been easy, but I’ve done more things in the last 6 months that I figured I would have never completed.

In the 7 weeks I’ve gone from the couch to ½ marathon and am currently at my lowest weight of 328 pounds that I’ve been at in many years.

How am I doing it? Little by little / Day by day. Every weekday starts with a 45 - 60 minute boot camp. It’s been more 60 minutes than 45 but it’s all good. 7 weeks ago I did a 5km run, bumped up to 7.5 2 weeks later and then 12 km. Finally completing 21.1 kms on June 3rd, I got a lot of looks at the starting line but a lot of cheers at the end. Now I would say I was the fastest people seeing I came in dead last but at least I got up set a goal and finished it.

But my quest doesn’t stop here. My first goal of 320 lbs is in sight and my next goal of 300 is just a little time away. If anyone wants to friend me and help keep me on the right path. I’d be more than willing to return the favour.

Replies

• dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.

Such a motivational story!

Well done on how far you've come, you've done amazingly well.
  • MTapester
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    so awsome!! I am so proud of you.. :)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Great work man keep it up!
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Feel free to add me.
  • mstx70
    mstx70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job =) Feel free to add!!
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    Terrific job!! Add me if you would like~
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request. Great job and motivational. Keep up the hard work.
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Half a marathon!? Thats amazing man. Not many can say they accomplished that. I know I can't Keep it up.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Keep up the good work you are getting there slow and steady wins the race feel free to add me f you want :flowerforyou:
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • athompsons05
    Options
    don't knoe how to send a frined request, but you are an inspirationan. I 'm sad to think that I have 75lbs to lose, was doing WW and lost 18 last year, but it found me again.. So I'm giving this a try. Thanks for the motivation to keep going. Your amazing!!!!!!!

Annette
  • hollyelee
    hollyelee Posts: 18
    Options
    Friend request sent. You're on such a great path and a great inspiration!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Your story is such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    half marathon? That's so impressive. I was excited to run for about 3 minutes straight the other day. Congratulations.

Anyone looking for a motivated and motivating friend, please feel free to add me.
  • MTapester
    Options
    Thank you for all the friend requests, glad that my story is getting around to people. If I can help anyone as much as my local trainer has, it helps me stick to it.