Macros ?'s- Is it bad?

Options
Is it "bad" to go over on Fiber and Protein?

In my mind it would be bad to go over on Carbs, Fats, and Sugars, but what about the other two? I am an expert on calorie counting but a newbie to all of this macro stuff.

Thanks for any advice!! Please enlighten me!

Replies

• reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you have your macros set on what MFP has than it's ok to go over...I would set your Macors to 40/30/30 and about 30grams of fiber
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Nope and nope. As precious poster said, if you have protein set at MFP defaults, you are fine.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Ok, I get what you are saying. However, no matter what they are set to... how bad is it to go over on Protein and Fiber?

In my mind they are not "bad" like Sugar, Fat, and Carbs. I feel like if I go over on the last 3 mentioned then I might feel guilty and try to tweak my diet even more. But is it really bad to go over on Protein and Fiber? Should I be sweating it if I do?

I hope this makes sense!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Ok, I get what you are saying. However, no matter what they are set to... how bad is it to go over on Protein and Fiber?

In my mind they are not "bad" like Sugar, Fat, and Carbs. I feel like if I go over on the last 3 mentioned then I might feel guilty and try to tweak my diet even more. But is it really bad to go over on Protein and Fiber? Should I be sweating it if I do?

I hope this makes sense!

A couple of thoughts. If you are measuring carbs, I wouldn't bother measuring sugar and it is basically measuring the same thing if you are eating fruits or veggies. Unless you are getting into the range of 2 grams per kg of lean mass or more, I wouldn't worry about protein. Fiber is harmless and can be beneficial for satiety and intestinal transit time so not worries there. Truthfully, I wouldn't worrry even if I was over a little on carbs or fats as long as it's not excessive. A few grams here or there occaisionally isn't going to stop your progress dead in it's tracks.

Just stay within your calories goals and don't stress if the macros are slightly off on given days and definitly don't worry about things like fiber and sugar! You are doing fine!
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! Like I said counting calories is the easy part... I definitely have room for improvement so I will keep trying :happy: