Anyone else live on an Island?

Options

Replies

• DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I live on a continent, which technically is a big island... but I definitely get island fever every now and then!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Isle Of Wight uk
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Australia. XD
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My sister lives on a place called Great Barrier Island, accessable only by infrequent small plane flights and ferry, off the coast of Auckland NZ. Is very isolated, limited access to internet tv phone etc. No high school for her kids. I have no idea why anyone would want to live like that myself.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I live in great britain which is an island ;-) x

You beat me to it!

& Me :laugh: :laugh:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm in Guantanamo Bay, and I've been here for over a year now. I can't wait to leave. Too much time on here is soul crushing, a contractor just hung himself after being here for 30 years.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm in Guantanamo Bay, and I've been here for over a year now. I can't wait to leave. Too much time on here is soul crushing, a contractor just hung himself after being here for 30 years.

Im sure he didnt hang himself for being there? It was 30 years
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I live in great britain which is an island ;-) x

You beat me to it!

And me :)

Technically I live on an island (Great Britain) but was born on another (Ireland, well Northern Ireland)
  • djklassen
    djklassen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the privilege of living on Prince Edward Island, Canada....home of "the little red haired girl" Anne of Green Gables....we have more green that Ireland!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Okinawa
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

My fiance was stationed there for a year and a half and he knows all to well what your going through... He says to just hang in there and that he's sure you won't be there for that much longer and to take leave whenever you can... Good Luck down there
  • yuni1
    yuni1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I live in Bali Island. It is small, but not too remote. we can get here by commercial plane.
    beach is like my backyard. I go cycling in the morning while looking at the sunrise.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I live on Cinnabar Island. It's pretty small, there's a big old abandoned mansion, a (closed) gym, research lab, medical center and teeny wee shop. And really not much else. Plus that volcano sure does keep you warm at night!
  • psychofantasy
    Options
    I live on Cinnabar Island. It's pretty small, there's a big old abandoned mansion, a (closed) gym, research lab, medical center and teeny wee shop. And really not much else. Plus that volcano sure does keep you warm at night!
    LOL ^^^THIS!
  • Lolo29riambel
    Lolo29riambel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in MAURITIUS which is an island in the Indian Ocean. It's basically off the east coast of Madagascar.

:wink:
  • dawson555
    dawson555 Posts: 26
    Options
    Northern Ireland
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Vancouver Island :)

Me too. A little bit of paradise :)

Jelous! We were there 18 months ago on holiday. So so beautiful.

I live in the UK, so yup one very big lsland.
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i live on an island too.
    The Isle of man :)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have the privilege of living on Prince Edward Island, Canada....home of "the little red haired girl" Anne of Green Gables....we have more green that Ireland!!

I love PEI and we have a lot of family there.

I myself live on a peninsula... which is nearly an island ;)
  • markyp33
    markyp33 Posts: 25
    Options
    I live on an island within an island!!!

I live in the UK (which is an island) and I am homeless; my tent is pitched on a roundabout (traffic island) where A511 crosses the M1. It is a little noisy at times, and the exhaust fumes can be heavy in the rush hour, but nobody bothers me. The motorway services are just across the road so I can have a wash and use the toilets when I want. There is a Subway just 10mins walk away too.

What more could you want?

Mark ;-)