Body Transformation from December 2007 to now

Options
brutalrage
brutalrage Posts: 34 Member
When I first started my weight lost journey at December 2007 I was weighting over 400lbs since at that time I haven’t been able to weight myself so I don’t know how above the 400lbs mark I was.. At that time I was having issues with walking and standing for more than just few minutes because of massive back pains and running out of breath. July 1 2008 I found I weighted 397lbs and was about 65%-75% according to the body fat test I took at the gym which I joined in December of 2007. I knew I lost a lot of weight in just those few months since walking the half a block to get to the gym from work was no longer as painful as it was and people already notice some difference in how I looked. The though of how much more than 400lbs I weighted still scares and shocked me even today. I never thought I could have been that bad but I was back then..

Now like a lot of you I yo-yoed a lot with my weight and being active between now and December 2007, sometime not going to the gym for months on end. I didn’t even properly record what I was eating or knew how much calories I was taking in or how much I was burning which made it harder.

Recently I just got back on the weight lost and general fitness wagon and now weight 361.2lbs and about 35-45% body fat and 15lbs of that was since April 30, 2012. I just bought a new belt that day and already it’s too loose for me and will soon be forced to either put holes in it or get a new smaller belt. I don’t have any before or after photos I am willing to post yet but everyone can see the difference in me especially lately with how my mood has been and how my general eating habits have changed. I am no longer as depressed as I was and more willing to go out and do things now. I no longer cringe when in front of a camera anymore and know I can be proud of what I have accomplished.

It’s been a great battle so far and I am near my 350lbs goal for the end of the summer and hope if I keep progressing around the rate I am now I will reach my 300lbs final goal by the end of this year or beginning of next. This site has helped a lot recently with tracking how much I am burning and how much I am taking in. I even have hopes that I maybe under 300lbs some day which was unthinkable just a few short months ago.

If a person who was 400+ pounds and was around 75% body fat (think about it I was carrying 300lbs of fat every day) can go down that much even over a long period of time anyone can do it. It’s not easy and some days it has been painful but its been worth it so far and I know it will be worth it when I am done. The first step is just getting off that couch and moving a little bit more and keeping track of what you’re eating as best as you can and this site really help with that.

Replies

• tammyl74
    tammyl74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    that is amazing! Good for you! You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story! :)
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!