Gastric Sleeve????

Options
I Am going in for a Gastric sleeve Next week and would like to know if anyone has done it before. I know it is most certainly not a "quick fix" like (I'm cuttting half my stomach off and have to eat a liquid diet for 6 weeks, that sure dont sound easy to me) I'm only doing this to give me an added tool to let me lose an extra hundred pounds i got switting on my waist! Anyone had it done before?

Replies

• frankenikki
    frankenikki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had the sleeve 02/29/2012. It definitely is not a quick fix and has been a roller coaster. If you do not change your eating habits the weight will not come off. The sleeve only helps to feel satisfied after smaller quantities of food. That being said it is the best thing I could have done for myself. I am now down a total of 76 lbs and I'm beginning to get my life back. I hope everything went well for you and your recovery is going smooth.
  • joeys80
    joeys80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I didnt have the sleeve but i did have a band and like said it deffo not a quick fix, u have to want to change ur eating habits as well as doing it, certain things u will have to give up forever, when i decided to have band it was the best decition i have ever made, iv lost 93 lb in 9 months and feel so much better for it. Good luck on having op though and keep us posted or add me as a friend if u want, id like to hear how u doing with it xxx
  • SlimSmittySleeved
    SlimSmittySleeved Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting sleeved on 7/17. SO EXCITED! I've sent you guys friend requests. The more support the better :)