13»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    How do you get off, sugar?

There. Fixed it for you.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    I quit it cold turkey by starting the South Beach Diet, and then worked fruit and non-refined carbs back into my diet. I eat a lot of sugar-free treats, too.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Try eating some sweet fruit, like strawberries or grapes instead. Or if its chocolatey things have an options instead.

But seriously, just stop buying it. after about a week you wont care anymore, youre the only one who can do it. Its not the brownies fault you eat them,its yours (Im not saying this to be nasty). If you avoid it you really wont want it.

I have to say, I must be one of the only people that finds having sweet stuff in the house a deterent. If I know its there I dont want it, I still have easter eggs, and theres always biscuits or something incase Im doing a dessert.
  • Its easy
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Cold turkey is really the only way. You'll have cravings no doubt but after about a week they'll go away.

I used to have a HUGE sweet tooth. I could eat candy corn, cadbury cream eggs, anything that was sickly sweet and not think twice about it. Now I have a hard time even drinking drinks that are overly sweetened. Even diet coke is too sweet for me! After not eating sugar for a while I can now take it or leave it and it's actually not a bad thing because on the off chance that I decide to have dessert it makes it more special because it's not something I have all the time.