Should I lower my calories??

Options
I am set to have 1840 cal a day. Last week I focused on my meal plans more than working out and only lost a pound.. I am increasing my workouts this week, but was just wondering if I should decrease my intake?? Ususally my first week of dieting I lose 4-5 pounds?? Thanks everyone:) All your help is welcome!!!

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am set to have 1840 cal a day. Last week I focused on my meal plans more than working out and only lost a pound.. I am increasing my workouts this week, but was just wondering if I should decrease my intake?? Ususally my first week of dieting I lose 4-5 pounds?? Thanks everyone:) All your help is welcome!!!

No I would stay at the calories per day that it says (1840). You only lost a lb because you did not sort of exercise, you focused more on the meal aspect of it. Don't get discouraged you can do it!!
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OK, thanks! I did exercise last week, but not as much as I plan on this week:)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Contrary to the norm, I usually don't lose much my first week either. If you lost a lb with that high of a calorie level, I'd keep doing that! 1 lb. is great.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I ususally always lose a lot more the first week.... I know that 1800 calories for me if not much compared to what I usually eat... We are a carb family so we eat a lot of calories!! When should I decrease my calorie intake??