200 cal left for dinner

Options
katunder
katunder Posts: 41
what are my options? What do you eat around 200 calories for dinner? Thanks!

Replies

• twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you today; accidentally blew it out a bit at lunch. My plan is to cook some boneless skinless chicken on the Foreman grill and have it on a nice, big salad with fat-free dressing--measure 4oz chicken and have it without croutons, and it should be be in the low 200s. Also, weather permitting, I'm going for a short jog after work, even though it's a rest day for me. I tend to fudge my calories a little bit, so it's nice to give myself a little extra cushion. I'm excited to see if anyone else has good non-salad ideas!
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with reduced fat cheese and fresh veggies (spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc). Then with a side of steamed broccoli or some fresh fruit!
    This is a typical meal for me when I've already overdone it for the day ;-)
  • katunder
    katunder Posts: 41
    Options
    Egg white omelet with reduced fat cheese and fresh veggies (spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc). Then with a side of steamed broccoli or some fresh fruit!

this is funny, I thought about that and just posted this:

I just noticed that cooked veggies are double (if not triple) in calories than raw veggies. Why is that? So the two egg omelet with mushrooms/spinach/bell peppers becomes a high cal food.
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options

this is funny, I thought about that and just posted this:

I just noticed that cooked veggies are double (if not triple) in calories than raw veggies. Why is that? So the two egg omelet with mushrooms/spinach/bell peppers becomes a high cal food.

It probably depends on what you cook them in. If you just use a small amount of EVOO or something else low calorie, you won't be adding to much to it. Or just put some water down and let them soften in the water. Then there are no extra calories added.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You could exercise and earn some calories back.
  • KatNunya
    KatNunya Posts: 14
    Options
    a bag of mircowave popcorn
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    4.5 ounces of shrimp for 126 calories, and a large lettuce/veggie salad with low-cal dressing.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    4 oz. salmon fillet and brussel sprouts here. 169 calories and lots of yum.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That's why I always plan my day out in advance so I don't get stuck.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Cup of veg (frozen or fresh) and gravy - such a nice meal xD very low kcal too! Yummm ;)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    You could exercise and earn some calories back.

win!
  • free2live72003
    Options
    A nice marinara sauce with turkey meat/sausage and veggies over miracle noodles
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I second the notion of exercise to earn extra calories! Also there are MANY people here who focus on their weekly totals rather than daily. Borrow the idea from them... work out a bit longer tomorrow to cover today's overage.
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    salmon fillet & steamed broccoli
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to do a little exercise to get some calories back and then accept being over a little for one day. If you do a few minutes switching between jumping jacks and walking in place, you should be able to make up a cool 100 calories pretty easily. Then you can go up to about 400 calories for dinner without being super far over your calories.

That's just what I've usually done. Some days you are just over. There are ways to be sensible about it without eating 200 cals for a meal.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I did the same and will be excercising them back today :)
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Chicken breast is about 120 calories or so...put some bbq on it with some veggies on the side...or maybe a salad and its gonna fill you up!
  • natwmartinez
    Options
    When I have no calories left I always get Fat Free Hot Dogs. They are 40 calories a piece with fat free cheese!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A tuna sandwich w/light miracle whip....an egg white omelet....french toast w/45 cal. bread (made w/egg whites) and a tablespoon of honey....salad....a bowl of cereal w/skim milk....some ground turkey mixed with veggies...some oatmeal....just a few ideas. :)
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always like a bowl of cereal.