Calorie help

Options
Hi.

I wonder if you guys might be able to help. I'm pretty new to all this and I'm a wee bit shy so this is kind of difficult.

So I've been using the my fitness pal app for a while now and after losing about 6 kg or so, it's put my calories down to 1200. Now I've been eating less than that, because it always says i'll lose more the fewer calories I eat and to be honest I'm not really hungry enough any more to eat any more calories. I don't exercise a lot. I swim a couple of times a week and I don't have a car so I walk everywhere; I probably walk about 30 minutes a day minimum but that's about it. I have an exercise bike I use sometimes. I'm still too shy and self conscious to go to the gym. I've been reading on the internet and in the forums that 800 calories a day is actually detrimental to weight loss, and I definitely DON'T want to do anything that's detrimental to weight loss, but I also want to lose weight as quickly as possible. I don't want to be unhealthy and I feel like I'm giving my body what it needs, but I don't want to stop my weight loss in it's tracks so what do I do? This seems to have worked for me so far, but if it's bad in the long run I would like to change but I really don't know how. I don't want to go to the doctor to talk about it and I certainly can't afford to see a nutritionist. What would you advise?

Thankyou so much for your help.

Replies

• wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When it says you will lose so many lbs - its a guess, chances are it won't happen in that amount of time! Especially if you are not eating enough...make sure you are eating at least 1200kcals! Hope this helps!