my NSV 2+ years in the making!

sarahrbraun
sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
So about 2-3 years ago I was working out, but wearing a very snug size 16. I went shopping for clothes and found a skort that looked great on me...except I couldn't button or zip it :( I was so in love with it, and it was like 40% off ( making it roughly $11) that I bought it anyway. I figured it would be my inspiration item and I would be in it in no time.

as life goes, my workout group dissolved, I gained 30 more pounds, and that skort sat on top of my dresser with the tags still on it. In February I got a Y membership and started working out again. About 10 pounds ago I tried the skort on, and it still didn't fit. 8 days ago I pulled it out and it *sorta* fit--I could button it, but not zip it. This morning at the Y I jumped on the scale, and I have lost about 1.4 pounds in the last 8 days, so when I got home I decided to try it on again....AND IT FIT!! It is still snug, but I can zip it up without the zipper splitting.

Replies

• Shrinkingmam0429
    Shrinkingmam0429 Posts: 58 Member
    So about 2-3 years ago I was working out, but wearing a very snug size 16. I went shopping for clothes and found a skort that looked great on me...except I couldn't button or zip it :( I was so in love with it, and it was like 40% off ( making it roughly $11) that I bought it anyway. I figured it would be my inspiration item and I would be in it in no time.

as life goes, my workout group dissolved, I gained 30 more pounds, and that skort sat on top of my dresser with the tags still on it. In February I got a Y membership and started working out again. About 10 pounds ago I tried the skort on, and it still didn't fit. 8 days ago I pulled it out and it *sorta* fit--I could button it, but not zip it. This morning at the Y I jumped on the scale, and I have lost about 1.4 pounds in the last 8 days, so when I got home I decided to try it on again....AND IT FIT!! It is still snug, but I can zip it up without the zipper splitting.

Wooo HOOOO! yay! I'm so excited for you! These moments are amazing!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member

yes they are! :) I cannot wait until it is loose on me!

Wooo HOOOO! yay! I'm so excited for you! These moments are amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!