size 10 wide foot on a woman where to get good shoes?

Options
i have wide long feet. i have always had trouble buyng shoes because they are so big and wide. not every shoe has a wide option. i am also very overweight. (287 lbs right now) i need to find good comfortable shoes that arent gonna make my feet hurt and help with knee and shin pains. (i might need some of kind of brace for my shins) i want to try to 'jog' or run while im on the treadmill but i end up with pain in my shin and knees and my feet hurt. right now im wearing a pair of new balance tennis shoes. does anyone else have an idea of what shoes i could possibly try...

(btw i had actually wanted to get a pair of nike in seasons but my foot wont fit in them lol)

Replies

• lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump for replies!!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 10 regular and get my sport shoes from Famous Footwear. I always get Asics, they are super comfortable and last a good long time. I am very active and they tend to last as long as 18 months before needing a new pair. For work shoes (I teach) I buy Dansko or Sanita clogs. They are also super comfy, you can be on your feet in them all day, and look professional and nice.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    Options
    i never bought asics i thought those were cheap shoes that would probably wear out easier lol. (i think thats the brand im thinking of anyway) do u know if they have wide sizes? i literally cant wear regular cause my feet suck.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I think Asics have wide sizes...as far as price, they are anywhere from $89-$110. That's a decent price for a great pair of shoes. They last a long time, too.
  • GingerJoScott
    Options
    I use Sofft........love them! Here's the link! http://www.sofftshoe.com/ shoot me a message if you want to know more!
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    Hey babe, Asics all the way, kayano 18's, full on running shoes, so comfortable, quality in itself, you can not go wrong and I love them. Never use to be a runner, let alone, run anywhere, decided to do the c25k iphone app and these shoes have helped me big time, especially at my weight and now I'm on to c210k!
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I wear size 10 wide and I have Nike runners...love them=)
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 10 with a wide foot as well and I love Brooks Trance 11 running shoes. Due my foot, I overpronate when I run and they are great for stability. They are expensive, but to me they are worth every penny.

Zappos also has a great selection of wide width shoes....

http://www.zappos.com/wide-shoes?gclid=CKbs8Nm4zLACFSlnOgodvG1NDw
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i would hiiiiiighly reccomend finding a specialty shoe store for running/walking shoes. i have a lot f foot pain due to arthritis and it wasnt until i got personally fitted at a specialty shoe store that i found a pair of shoes that helped me. you will pay a bit more upfront but you wont regret it when your feet dont hurt and you actually want to go for walks
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    Options
    thanks everyone i have to go shoe shopping and look for shoes again i guess. i regret the new balances i have definitely. and spantifical lane bryant has wide size shoes in boots and other shoes i have hoenstly never bought them but i dont spend much money on shoes other than tennis shoes and flip flops lmao. maybe you should check them out though. i honestly wanted some nikes when i went shopping last but the ones i tried on didnt fit me atall. i went to academy sports though. i dont know where a speciality store would be around me at all...
  • mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I wear an 11 (usually wide)... It is nearly impossible to find shoes that are comfy and are good for exercising!