"I don't know how you do it!"

Options
“I don’t know how you do it”

“Wow, I don’t know how you do it! You exercise right after work?”
- or – “Gee, off to the gym, again?” - or – “Exercise class tonight? You are so disciplined.”

I hear this every time I change from my work clothes into my gym clothes in the restroom at work.

I just smile, nod and say (to the nosy person) “have a great night!”
And I think to myself, “wow! I don’t know how she does it without exercising!”

Putting my gym clothes on right after work is the best thing for me. It forces me to go to the gym. I become a gym warrior and no one can stop me. I have no excuse. Once I put my gym shoes on, I feel great. I feel I am doing something for me.

All day long we work for our bosses, our children and our families. By taking the time to prep yourself for the gym, you are taking the time to care for yourself. By committing yourself to exercise, eating right or even posting on this site….you are living a healthy life.

And it feels so damn good!

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    amen!! :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Way to go I here that to like wow worry bout yourself and let me do me:bigsmile:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I try to go home and change and go - I don't make it nearly as often. It is closer to get to the gym from work... I think I'm going to bring my gym bag tomorrow and give this a shot!!
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you on that; however, I don't think those people are trying to be nosy or rude. I truly believe that they can't understand how anyone can do that because it seems sooo impossible to them. I've been there many times! I would see those gym people and desperately wonder how they were able to get themselves to do that. I wanted that for myself, but didn't know how to make it a reality. I think most of those people really want what you've got going, but that inspiration hasn't clicked for them yet.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Will the real Jessica Rabbit please stand up! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I have used her for about 4 months now, hope she brings you just as much luck! Are you a redhead too?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better myself. We--as women--tend to take care of everyone else first. We need to remember to take time for ourselves. If changing cloths does it for you, keep it up. Kudos for making yourself a priority. You are setting a good example for all of us.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do NOT go home before going to the gym. If I did, I'd probably not make it back out of the door-too many distractions/demands. I bring my gym-bag with me to work and go straight from work, then change there. No matter how tired or unambitious I feel, a few minutes working out and I feel great!
  • shanacleo
    shanacleo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Will the real Jessica Rabbit please stand up! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I have used her for about 4 months now, hope she brings you just as much luck! Are you a redhead too?

Lol!
    HELL yeah I'm a red head and proud! LOL! JR is my girl :)
    feisty, feisty, feisty!!!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

Lol!
    HELL yeah I'm a red head and proud! LOL! JR is my girl :)
    feisty, feisty, feisty!!!!

yep yep, just so you know I had her first! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shanacleo
    shanacleo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ladies..........You are all awesome !!!!:)

I am so happy to share my thoughts and receive your awesome replies!

It would be so cool to have a MFP conference one day. We could all meet up and have a huge party!

I can't say enough of how inspired I am when i visit this site :happy:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    “I don’t know how you do it”

“Wow, I don’t know how you do it! You exercise right after work?”
    - or – “Gee, off to the gym, again?” - or – “Exercise class tonight? You are so disciplined.”

I hear this every time I change from my work clothes into my gym clothes in the restroom at work.

I just smile, nod and say (to the nosy person) “have a great night!”
    And I think to myself, “wow! I don’t know how she does it without exercising!”

Putting my gym clothes on right after work is the best thing for me. It forces me to go to the gym. I become a gym warrior and no one can stop me. I have no excuse. Once I put my gym shoes on, I feel great. I feel I am doing something for me.

All day long we work for our bosses, our children and our families. By taking the time to prep yourself for the gym, you are taking the time to care for yourself. By committing yourself to exercise, eating right or even posting on this site….you are living a healthy life.

And it feels so damn good!

Thanks I really needed this reality check. I am good with my eating plan and I am losing weight, but some days I am bursting with energy and others I am not. I know it is due to not exercising regularly.

I exercise just 1 or 2 days a week and I know the difference in how I feel.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Ladies..........You are all awesome !!!!:)

I am so happy to share my thoughts and receive your awesome replies!

It would be so cool to have a MFP conference one day. We could all meet up and have a huge party!

I can't say enough of how inspired I am when i visit this site :happy:

Oh ... a big MFP Conference ... that would be so way cool. I would love that!!!!