Is exercise fully a part of your lifestyle now?

Options
When I started exercising, I struggled to find time to exercise. Now that I've been working out solidly for over four months, it's as much a part of my life as eating. I'll work it in any way I can. If I have to wake up at 4:30am to exercise, I'll do it. I'm currently doing Insanity and I am in love with the program. I keep looking for the next exercise or running program to try.

I'd hate to say I'm obsessed (OBSESSED: An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.), but sometimes I think I'm pretty close. I hate the feeling when I have to miss a regular scheduled exercise. I just feel whole when I am done working out. I have truly never felt better in my life and missing one day sometimes scares me into thinking that I'll lose the rhythm.

If you are like so many of us who have struggled in the beginning, keep with it! It does get easier and it does become routine and somewhat addicting. It's SO life changing.

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    It's a way of life for me now.. Sometimes when I go for a few days without working out I feel like crap.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Exercise was always a part of my lifestyle - even at my very heaviest. I kind of proved the point that you can't out-exercise a bad diet. If you're really enjoying the exercise, I wouldn't worry about that changing. It never has for me! I've been a regular exerciser since I was a kid - and I'm 40 now. :-)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am *obsessed*, but I do find that I tend to crave my workout time. I currently go to the gym 3-4 times a week.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it is fully there yet as I'm only 2 weeks in, but even after work when I'm exhausted and hot and want to go lay in bed, I go to the gym. It is still a love/hate relationship right now, but I think going is the only thing that is keeping me from killing someone at work!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I'm obsessed lol
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise has become a part of my daily routine. It's like taking a shower or brushing my teeth. I try to do it at the same time every day. If I'm having a weird busy day, I will find a way to work it in even if that means getting up at 4:30 am for a 5 am workout!!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I found exercises that I like and ones that I can do often and I do them. If you can't find them keep looking! I started on the elliptical, became obsessed and now I am bike riding and my wife really thinks I am obsessed. Exercising is part of my life, my hobby, my forum of relaxation (a little me time) and I really look forward to it. .... I get up early too to fit it in, some days at 3:30am, and on nice days I am waiting for sunrise to pull out my bike, .... Enjoy every minute of it.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, people say "good job sticking with it" but it's just what I do now...
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yes exercise has been a part of my life since I was little whether it was just playing outside, participating in sports, or running/lifting in my free time, I always made time to do it. :happy: :laugh: :tongue:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Taking this week off, except for a 5k on Saturday but ready to get back at it next week, 5 days a week. It's nice to know that dietary wise I don't need to do it to be where I am rather I enjoy it and the benefits that come with it.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would be lost without it,today I had a small surgery to remove some melanoma tissue from my back and the doc says you should stay away from lifting and weights for a week. It just about killed me, a week? 6 months ago I would have cared less but now , it's become my life and I'm so very grateful
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes i can totally agree with everything you have said. It is such a way of life for me now and on a bad week I only exercise 5 times a week! (YES I SAID A BAD WEEK!!) I really feel it if I have 2 days of not working out and crave a workout of some sort. I recently (3weeks ago) completed Insanity and loved it too- followed it perfectly and loved the results, and have now moved onto p90x.

I know I am now obsessed, I am more focussed on working out this time than ever before- I workout sometimes 5:30/6am to get it done and if this does'nt work out with the kids then its evenings once home from work and babies are sleeping. I tell myself its a healthy addiction though- im at my smallest in 7years and am continue to go through with the toning work to be in the best shape of my life!!! :-)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely a part of my lifestyle now. :happy:

I never thought I would get to the point that I feel like a slacker when I don't exercise or do as much as I had planned. And I wouldn't call me obessed (though my friends might disagree), I am dedicated to getting my workouts in every day.

Also, I know our running has become a bit much when all our vacations and weekend trips seem to revolve around some sort of race. Whenever I tell my co-workers I'm taking time off, the first thing they ask is, "Cool, what race are you doing this time?" :laugh:
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes and that was my goal. I don't feel right if I don't get some sort of exercise in at least 5 days out of the week.
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would have to say yes yes yes.... I dont even think about it. My alarm goes off.... I climb out of bed, take a walk, then head to the gym to take a class, do an ellipitcal, or lift. (Sometimes I even get up before the alarm its such a habit) I actually love to exercise. When I take my morning walk.... I love the fresh air, and the time to myself before my crazy day begins. When I am at the gym, I love the class instructors, the other friends I have made at the gym, and all the new things I learn from being there and talking to other people. Plus..... bonus for me ~ How I feel when I am home, showered, and can write down how well I did at the gym!!!
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    No, not at all.

I'm still struggling a lot with my exercising.

I know i should be doing more, but it's still a work in progress.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always feel energized when I workout. After I developed sciatica, I stopped for awhile....and I feel tired. I pushed myself to get back on my stationary bike for just a little while. I really needed it.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I found exercises that I like and ones that I can do often and I do them. If you can't find them keep looking! I started on the elliptical, became obsessed and now I am bike riding and my wife really thinks I am obsessed. Exercising is part of my life, my hobby, my forum of relaxation (a little me time) and I really look forward to it. .... I get up early too to fit it in, some days at 3:30am, and on nice days I am waiting for sunrise to pull out my bike, .... Enjoy every minute of it.

^^^^^
    I agree !!! Although I have a light for riding in the dark before the sun comes up !!!
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    its a way of life for me now, the best thing happen to me was myfitnesspal, I have always lifted weights and worked out but my eating habits sucked, now that I monitor everything I put in my body I start losing more body fat, If I don work out I feel horrible
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes! 6 days a week, sometimes 7. I've been having a hard time getting up in the mornings lately (because I go to bed too late, that would be a big duh on me). I'm late for work pretty much every day because I don't want to skip my workout. Even if I only get to do a 15-20 minute one, I have to do something. I don't even like just standing around doing nothing anymore. I used the Wherever Workout app on my phone in the middle of a yard sale because it was slow and I felt like I needed to move! :smile: