It's all a mind game: The invisible cookies.

Options
IStop4Stamps
IStop4Stamps Posts: 17 Member
I just noticed there is a forum and decided I'd share one of my favorite experiences with you. I have discovered that "determination" is really important in weight loss, and the more determination I have the better it goes - and the funnier the experiences can be:

I finished work and found a package at my door. One of my friends (who doesn't know how desparately I'm trying to lose weight) sent me my very favorite homemade cookies and marshmallow treats from Conneticut. As soon as I saw the box I knew what it was and my heart fell! I had been doing so well, with sugar almost removed from my diet and salt to a minimum this was a real threat to my will power! I didn't open the box, instead I put it at the base of the stairs and ran to work out at the gym. My first idea was to work out an extra 30 minutes and EARN a couple of homemade cookies with sweat.

Well I met my goal and some at the gym, having done an hour on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill!! However, as I cooled down on the treadmill I started worrying....what if the sugar causes my body to stop burning fat. I vaguely remembered someone saying that peaks in sugar will stop fat burn. So I asked one of the ladies at the concierge what she thought, and she said I shouldn't feel bad for having a cookie since I worked out extra. So I came home and stared for a really long time at the box at the base of the stairs. I wanted those cookies so bad, but I wanted the weight loss even more. I turned in for the night thinking it would be better if I had my cookie earlier in the day (so I could burn off its' sugar right away).

Well the next day I still was afraid to eat those cookies, so I decided to bring them along on Saturday to my card making class so I would be sure to get only 1 and I could give the others away. Well 2 days later Saturday finally came and I picked up the box at the base of the stairs. WELL guess what!? When I opened the box to put the cookies on a tray on Saturday morning - it wasn't even cookies in the box - it was paper for crafting! So I had guessed wrong on the contents the whole time!! ARGH.

Oh well, at least I could pat myself on the back for my determination to stay true to my program. LOL

Replies

• lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lol, well, I applaud your determination at any rate. :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    What a good story with a great ending. You got a nice gift and extra healthy workout and most of all you learned you got what it takes. win win
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Lol.....
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    HA HA HAAA Very cute story. I know where you are at. if you know there is something around you really like, you can smell it, taste it in your mind knowing how good it is. we have a snack box out in the open (you put the money in the box)there was a bag of Bugels in there.. the only bag......,they had candy bars, chips,etc but I saw the bugels and really wanted them. Almost bought them during a hungry time between meals , but I didn't. Everyday i looked at them, then finally I came in one day and they were gone..Whew!! I said "I see someone got the bugels" the owner said yes one of the other girls who had came back from maternity leave ate them. Boy was I grateful! and kinda proud for not eating them to ruin my dinner. Yes we do have will power! I suppose it would not have been the end of the world, I could have still ate them or part of them just to get them out of my mind,it was just the point I guess.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    LOL! Good job resisting! ;)
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    LOL love this
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love this funny story) Keep up the hard work & dedication to your new you!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, Audrie...hehehe...loved this story...It goes to show that when we are determined not to let anything stand in our way of achieving a goal...we will find ways to get it done! I know you had to laugh when you saw the contents of the gift...I smiled reading the ending!! Appreciate your sharing! Best Always Toward your Lofty Goals...Deb
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!