what do you call this squash?

Options
AZMOM875
AZMOM875 Posts: 11 Member
I ate this today, I thought this was Italian squash.

I have seen other names like summer squash, but not yellow summer squash, coosa, korean squash and Lebanese squash.

I get this from market on the move and dont pay attention to what it says on the box. I will next time, but it was hard to find on to put on my food log

http://www.finecooking.com/assets/uploads/posts/5899/ING-Lebanese-zucchini-squash_sql.jpg
I thought I could load the actual photo.

Replies

• frenchmaman
    Options
    This looks very much like the zucchini we get here in France
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    That's zucchini
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Yup, Zuchinni.
  • groovyglittergirl
    Options
    I concur, zucchini! I love it, I have some growing right now. It is really good steamed, stir fried, (fried) and grilled. If you plant one plant, you will have more than enough for one person all summer, I mix it with the little yellow summer squash, too. I have also made a modified salmon patty type thing, I used shredded zucchini, tuna (drained),egg substitute, some chopped onion and some cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs and pan fried them, they are delicious and it is a good way to hide the veggies from the kids, too!
  • AZMOM875
    AZMOM875 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If it is zuchunni why does it have those watermelon like stripes.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I would call it a squash (to distinguish it from the reglar plain coloured green or yellow zuccini that I usually get) but I would cook it and eat it just like zuccini.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    If it is zuchunni why does it have those watermelon like stripes.

It is not technically zucchini. It is called Kusa or Lebanese Summer Squash.