I'm confused

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment and someone can easily explain this but ......I was just playing with my settings on MFP

Why is it when I put that I don't want to do any exercise all week (just playing with the settings, not actually wanting to NOT exercise) and want to lose 2 lbs per week it MFP has me eating 1440 calories a day but if I put that I do 45 minutes of exercise 3 times per week it gives me less calories (1200 per day)??? Shouldn't I get more calories if I am going to be working out as opposed to being sedentary??? I know once you do the workout it gives you more calories back to eat, but if I already have 1440 to eat and then exercise and earn more then that's even more calories??? I am so confused.

Memaw

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I've never seen the calories change based on my exercise. Maybe you also changed something else.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    I just changed my settings to no exercise, and like MacMadame said and it had no effect on my calories.

The exercise (as I understand it) will affect your calories only after you add it into your exercise diary. It adds more calories to your food diary for the day.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    That is SO weird. After reading the above replies, I went back and changed it the exact same way I did earlier and this time it didn't change my calories! The last time I did it twice and it change my daily calories both times!! I didn't change anything differently!!! This computer is messing with me!!!!

No wonder I was confused!!!

Memaw
This discussion has been closed.