Sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    3..2..1 cake. It's low in calories, takes literally a minute to make, and it's a yummy treat here and there. It's not overly sweet since it's just a little cake, but it can hit the spot.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    fage 0% fruit yogurts
    frozen grapes
    ovaltine (a.k.a. chocolate milk)
    bite of my husband or daughter's cookie
    mini blue bell ice creams (very rare treat!)
    special K honey nut bar (yummy!)

Mostly, I just make myself not give into the craving and instead go brush my teeth or have a 100 cal popcorn. Giving in too often is how I gained weight to begin with..maybe I'm finally learning. :)
    good luck!
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Very bad sweet tooth myself. Bumping for later.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    As a substitute for a candy bar, I like 1/4 c. of almonds plus 1 Tablespoon of semisweet chocolate chips. I really feel like I'm indulging, and it fills me up, too.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Sometimes I have a section of Hershey's dark chocolate with two tablespoons of peanut butter.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I've got a sweet tooth too.
    I try to make sure my *real* food doesn't have a lot of sugar.

because I love cookies... my favorites are...

Trader Joe's Chocolatey Cats, Cookies for People (15 cookies 9g of sugar.)
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The chocolate goldfish are delicious too! Especially if you eat some at the same time as the vanilla cupcake ones. It tastes like a party in your mouth!
  • buteful25
    buteful25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The weight watchers chocolate candy works wonders for a sweet tooth. I do the same thing. I found that its better to indulge with low calorie sweets than to deny yourself all together. When I deny myself I tend to over indulge completelywhen I finally do splurge..
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Godiva bittersweet tasting squares. Only 25 calories each and they're really intense so one or two takes care of the craving.
  • buteful25
    buteful25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also would like to recommend the chocolate covered almonds. They are 100 cals per bag and they are a great sweet snack. :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I buy the "skinny cow' candy. I love it!
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    Edy's No Sugar Added popsicles are great and very low in calories.
  • Windy32
    Windy32 Posts: 54
    Options
    I do sugar free jello with lite cool whip, but my favorite has become skinny cow products.
  • seablue2009
    Options
    I have the worst sweet tooth, so I have researched many things to eat, vita brownie or vita chocolate muffin or any of their muffins (140cal is the highest) and a lot of fiber and nutrients taste very close to fudge brownie, also walden farms chocolate spread or dip for fruit 0 calories also very good. Oh and also Arctic Zone ice cream , tmaple vanilla flavor and the whole pint is only 150 cal. I usuall eat half the pint at a time. Add me if you like so we can share sweet cravings treats that are low in calorie and do the job!!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Fudgesicle...only a 110 cals and so tasty! The fat free or sugar free ones are around 60 cals. Great on a hot summer day!
  • jennbenjamin
    jennbenjamin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the jello chocolate instant pudding mix. For a 1/2 cup serving, using 2% milk, its only 160 calories. To cut back on the calories even further, I can use almond milk or coconut milk, depends on what I have on hand. Some times I top it with whipped cream and sometimes I don't just depends on how many calories I have available on that particular day. Also sometimes I pick up from Target their Market Pantry Ice cream sandwiches for my kids. The mint chocolate chip ones are 170 calories I think and the cookie and cream one is 180. They're not very big but give you a taste of ice cream without blowing all your calories. Hope that helps!
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Cut up fresh strawberries and melt some dark chocolate or even the sugar free cake frosting over the strawberries with some whip cream it is really good.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I tried the skinny cow mint ice cream sandwich. It was delish, 140cals. Worth every cal.