Exercise Pants

Options
What kind are the best kind to get so they dont fall down? I have an issue with alot of my shorts/capris/pants that while I am excersising they will fall below my stomach (mom pouch).

Replies

• ErikaLynn89
    Options
    I don't know exactly how to deal with the "mom pouch" as I haven't gone down that road yet but, I like any type of yoga pant or capri for working out. They're a tighter fit and generally have moisture reducing fabrics so I don't feel "stuffy" by the end of the workout. I've been using the same pair of yoga pants to jog in for a year and I haven't had any issues with losing them as I run.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I like running compression capris, stretch, no cotton.
  • riverabeth
    riverabeth Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ^^this. I have the "mommy pouch" & compression pants/capris stay up much better than the yoga type ones. :)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I generally go pantless... good luck though!

Cause I'm wearing shorts you pervs!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I wear yoga pants. I especially like the roll top kind, but I only have a small pooch, so I don't know if they would work for you.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Why not head to a speciality sports wear store? Invest in a good quality pair of pants that sit higher on the waist but are a tight fit. Instant slim and stops them from falling down.
  • Chell625
    Chell625 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks everyone, Im going to check out the compression pants/carpris. I have a few yoga ones, one pair does stay up okay, another pair with the rolled waist rolls down under my stomach.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I like tight pants. :tongue:
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I wear spandex capris (or spandex shorts under running shorts). Keeps everything in check all the time :)
  • beanerific518
    Options
    I like compression capris with either an elastic waist band or inner draw string. Works well when your waistline is srinking. Plus compression capris make your legs and butt look great.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    try something with a tie on it instead of just elastic. i find that with jumping and jogging exercises yoga pants just do not work. I like to go into TJ Maxx or Ross stores and buy name brand for cheaper. usually nike or adidas clothes have a better fit
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I really like the Nike Dri-Fit slim capris to work out in. They are quite pricey .. so I scour Winners to find them and have picked them up there for half the price of other stores that sell them.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Zagorra Hot pants, they are comfy and breathable and make you sweat 4x as much. I wear the flares but need a pair of capris, they are spendy though.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pairs of tight stretch (think bike short tight - same material) capris from Walmart that I love. They are Danskin and only set me back $12 a pair. I can't tell the difference between them and the expensive Nike pair that my friend wears. They don't fall down and they don't get in the way.
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Had this same problem when I started out. Tight like workout pants/capris were the only thing that would stay up with my mom pouch. Or anything with a drawstring and shorts worked, though I wasn't comfortable in them for awhile. Yoga pants were my enemy!! One jumping jack and I was pulling up my pants, boo!
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of compression shorts and some jogging shorts (the kind with the undies built in) and both are from Nike.

Anything with a drawstring will work well, but find something that fits you well.
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    I wear capri yoga pants. They are awesome, especially to run in
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yup! Compression pants are definitely the way to go. You'll pay a little more for a good pair, but they last forever. I bought my first pair of compression pants about five or six years ago, and I JUST threw them out a few weeks ago. They were a cheap pair ($10 @ WalMart), I wore them AT LEAST twice/week, and I am a large girl so I have inner thigh friction which usually wears my pants/shorts out really quickly, but they still lasted a long time. Also, as someone else pointed out, they are usually made with moisture wicking material, so you don't feel so icky and sticky after a workout.
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I generally go pantless... good luck though!

Cause I'm wearing shorts you pervs!

LMAO. I gotta say, when I'm home, I generally workout in a bra and undies so I didn't go COMPLETELY there, but sort of! :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Was hoping this thread would be about pants that magically counted as exercise just by wearing them