new to weight loss and feeling frustrated

Options
i have been fortunate to always been slender. im 5'6" and usually weight about 125. However 3 years ago had some heart issues and was put on 2 meds that have the know side effect of causing weight gain. my dr. wanted me to gain some weight therefore he chose these meds. however i am struggling mentally and dont like the extra jiggle from the weight gain of 14 lbs. so decided to keep track of meals. for last 3 days have been under calorie count, feeling hungry and not sure what to eat to add back calories and stop hunger. diet usually is egg and english muffin for breakfast or oatmeal with peanutbutter. lunch is salad with cheese, dressing, fruit and sometimes triscuits. dinner is 4 oz meat and vegetables. this gives me about 900 calories a day. should be 1200 with no exercise and about 1400 with exercise. i walk 1 mile a day moderately after work and about 2 - 3 miles during my work day. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    add a second egg at breakfast, some sort of meat to your lunch salad, maybe add a starch to dinner?

My daily diet looks something like this;

breakfast: 2 eggs, 4 slices of soy bacon, 1 low carb/high fiber tortilla...maybe a slice of cheese

Lunch: 3-4 cups of romaine lettuce, about a 2in section of cucumber sliced, a handful of sliced mushrooms, 1/3 cup of shredded cheese, 3-4 ounces of protein ( usually shaved turkey), regular dressing

dinner: an appropriate portion of whatever I make the fam for dinner.

snacks: atkins advantage meal bars/drinks ( I am doing low carb and struggle to get enough calories in)

tonight I didn't want another atkins bar and I needed a few hundred calories, so I had 2T of peanut butter on a spoon. It was awesome :)