Eating less

PaloPalito
PaloPalito Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
How does one mentally choose to eat less food .

251320.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I was just having an arguement with someone about this. My point of view is that you don't have to eat less, you just have to choose your food differently.

I eat pretty well, but incorporate lots of low-calorie foods into my diet.

The person i was arguing with stated you needed to feel hungry to lose weight. I'm not buying that at all.
  • Determination and Willpower.

Just keep telling yourself how much better you're going to look and feel by not indulging in a ton of unnessessary food.

If you want to look good, you'll eat healthier. If you don't truly want it, you want get it.

~Nicole
  • I was just having an arguement with someone about this. My point of view is that you don't have to eat less, you just have to choose your food differently.

The person i was arguing with stated you needed to feel hungry to lose weight. I'm not buying that at all.

I totally agree with you. Why should you have to starve yourself to lose weight? That'a a bit ridiculous if you ask me, headed down the wrong path towards anorexia, belemic (sp?), binge eating.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    I was just having an arguement with someone about this. My point of view is that you don't have to eat less, you just have to choose your food differently.

I totally agree with you. Why should you have to starve yourself to lose weight? That'a a bit ridiculous if you ask me, headed down the wrong path towards anorexia, belemic (sp?), binge eating.

I concur! I know a lot of people (me included) that say they eat MORE since they move to a healthier lifestyle because the foods they eat are naturally lower in calories.
  • For example.... Instead of eating 10 raspberries.... I eat 20.

The second 10 it the problem I have.

251320.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Fill your day up with lots of delicious (healthy) snacks and prepackage them. When you get ready to eat your raspberries (or blueberries in my case), pull out your premeasured exact 1/2 cup of blueberries and munch away. Don't sit there with the entire pint in front of you :tongue: I went to Family Dollar and bought boxes and boxes of ziploc bags and 1/2 cup tupperware containers. I weight, measure and prepackage EVERYTHING so I know exactly how much I'm eating at all times.

edit cuz I can't spael
  • Terrific.

I tried this but got boring, and I stopped.
    Maybe I should try agian.

251320.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • I agree, Stormieweather. Having a set portion is always a good idea (and in some cases mandatory) for most people so that they don't over-indulge.

And, like I said before - Willpower. Just tell yourself "no." If you eat those extra 10, you've only failed yourself. I think personal failure is one of the best forms of motivation. If YOU want to eat right and look good, you WILL.
This discussion has been closed.