HELP!

Options
Fogo de Chao birthday party tomorrow. :noway:
What do I do???

Replies

• suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    well.....go..............but if you trying to lose weight then be sensible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simples
  • undeniablebutterfly
    Options
    Simple enough..
    I guess I know I shouldn't be going, but I feel like I need to go because it's for a good friend. *sigh* All-you-can-eat scares me crazy!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Their salad bar is amazing! Tons of great veggie options. Fill up on those. (But don't miss out on the bacon wrapped filet...yum!). Moderation is the password!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what that is - but my advice for any party is:
    - plan ahead. Eat a light meal during the day so you aren't too hungry when you go, but still have some extra cals available
    - take small serves, eat them slowly and enjoy them. Don't deny yourself something good, but try to have a little bit of the less healthy choice and see if there are any healtheir options to fill the rest of your plated (salad/veggies/fruit?)
    - alternate calorie-laden drinks with plain water or sparkling water. Then you feel like you've had something special but have limited the amount
    - be prepared for people pushing food on you - "no thanks, I've already had some of that". "my plate is full up right now, I'll try that later". "Thanks but i won't try that today".... or whatever works for you.
    - enoy the party. Don't let your "diet" spoil a special occasion. Chances are that you will eat more than normal, but accept it and move on.
  • undeniablebutterfly
    Options
    Good advice!
    I'll enjoy myself, in moderation, spend time at the salad bar, and not overdo it.
    Bet! Thanks!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to plan ahead. Set a limit for yourself now, for example, on how many pao de quijos you're going to eat (nutritional information in the database!). Or how many servings of meat you will allow yourself. And definitely take advantage of the salad bar.