Hitting a wall and looking for more support

Options
lao482
lao482 Posts: 68 Member
Hi everyone! I am a mom to two wonderful boys ( 23 mo. and 5 mo.) and have been on MFP for about 4 months now. In that 4 months I have lost 40 lbs, but recently have started to struggle. Having the boys back to back has seriously changed my body and I'm determined to get it back. I know that losing weight is a lot easier with a support system and would really appreciate any new friends on here. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I am open to new friends! 8)
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I has been a great experience meeting people here. BTW....I like your dog:smile:
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'll be on your support team! We can fight this together like Mayweather and D'Cotto LOL
  • lbecker5
    lbecker5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WoW 40 pounds! You ROCK!!!!!
  • Neekie11
    Neekie11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm always looking for new pals to help with support and motivation. I actually just created a FB page as well or this and chronicling my journey to fitness. Feel free to check it out Facebook.com/myfitnessjourney2012 - hoping for it to be a place where we can all meet and discuss topics, answer questions and help keep us (and me) motivated!!
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a mom to two wonderful boys ( 23 mo. and 5 mo.) and have been on MFP for about 4 months now. In that 4 months I have lost 40 lbs, but recently have started to struggle. Having the boys back to back has seriously changed my body and I'm determined to get it back. I know that losing weight is a lot easier with a support system and would really appreciate any new friends on here. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

You lost 40 lbs that is fantastic! Most of us are dying to get there! feel free to add me and read my long msg. This will encourage you to fight no matter what!
  • bhalstrom
    bhalstrom Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined today and am looking to lose 10 lbs. My wife is pregnant and due in August. During that time frame, I think I've put on more weight than her!

Feel free to add me. My goal is to lose 10lbs in the next 24 days.

Brian
  • TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am also totally down to be on team lao482 so please feel free to add me. :)

That goes for anyone else in this thread who feels like they need some encouragement since we're all basically in this together.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I am here everyday and am experiencing the same "slump." My son got out of school on 5/18 and readjusting our schedule has been a challenge. I experienced my first "plateau" at 40 lbs lost. It took me about a month to get losing again. I've been stuck at 72 lbs lost for a couple weeks now. Keep pushing and stay consistent!
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'd love to support you, and I'm on here pretty much every day.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I have kids and never bothered to take the time to really take care of myself. I've lost over 30 lbs and looking to lose more. On here every day.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may sound silly, but I see it every day. People do great at a goal--weight loss, training for a marathon, moving mountains, etc---but they hit a wall they just can't get over. Then they start to stress about it. The more they stress, the bigger the wall gets. The point is, sometimes you just need a little time-out. Do something just for you that has nothing to do with your family, your weight loss, your dog, your job, or your third cousin twice removed. I personally recommend finding a good massage therapist and getting a 60 to 90 minute session. I am a licensed therapist and have seen and experienced how much this can help get you back on track, improve your perspective, and generally chill you out. Tomorrow is another day. Add me as a friend any time!
  • lao482
    lao482 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A huge THANK YOU to everyone for the support! It really lifted my spirits and I'm ready for the next couple months!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That is great. Something that I have found after having kids is that I've had to let go of getting back to a certain number on the scale. My body changed and I found that it was more beneficial to focus on getting healthy and fit than to just get back to that pre-pregnancy weight. As it turned out, I was able to get back into my pre pregnancy clothing and look as good (but different) as I did before having kids but the number on the scale was higher than before and my body was different.