I demand calories off :)

Options
I am on vacation and doing the best I can with eating smart under the circumstances. Today I went out to Sea World with my parents and we just mosied along for about 5 hours, so I put that for 4 hours of walking because that's more what we did than anythig else, and I have the horrifying sunburn to prove it ;) MFP was kind enough to give me 500 calories off for that. I'll take it! I spent the day melting in the heat, I deserve calories off...I also didn't eat as controlled as I could have...but that's vacation :) Here's to starting over when I get back home lol.! Your thoughts? Try not to be too mean?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My thoughts?
    Wear sunscreen next time. Sunburn not only makes you feel miserable, it can cause melanomas to appear later in life, and dying of skin cancer is a miserable way to go.

Oh, and well done for eating smart and keeping moving on your holiday -it sounds like a great approach to me.
    Enjoy!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    You will find that you are extremely hungry after a sunburn. Serious. Your skin is burned and inflamed, and your body is going to go into healing and restoring itself. You'll need more calories.

As stated though, not a good way to obtain more calories. :noway:
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    After 90 days of strict calorie deficit and 6-day/week workouts, I went on a two-week vacation. I didn't log into MFP ONCE, and I ate all the pork belly sandwiches and gravy I wanted.

Two days after I returned home, to my normal deficit diet... I stepped on the scale... and I was EXACTLY the same weight as when I left.

Please, feel FREE to give your body a full break from caloric restriction. It makes evolutionary sense that we go through periods of feast and famine. You might have some bloating or water retention when you're done, but don't sweat it. Enjoy your trip, treat yourself, and when you get home, you'll probably love your greens and grains even more than when you left... I know I sure do!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    After 90 days of strict calorie deficit and 6-day/week workouts, I went on a two-week vacation. I didn't log into MFP ONCE, and I ate all the pork belly sandwiches and gravy I wanted.

Just curious: how many pork-belly sandwiches with gravy did you want?