Healthier "Adult" Beverage choices...

Options
SamiRose
SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
Hey all...

It's a very good friend of mines birthday today. So we'll being going out tonight. Now I'm the DD so only one small drink for me. Volunteering to DD was my way to get out of drinking all the calories this evening!

I typically would get a Vodka and Lemonade....

Any options? and....I'm not a huge beer fan...so no beer for me.

Replies

• jessie1
    jessie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    anything mixed with diet soda, it sucks because most iof the good drinks are mixed with juices! Good luck!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    white wine spritzer has the fewest calories that i know of.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic :)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they make a nice sugar free mojito? I'd become a lush if that were the case! Have a nice time - maybe try whiskey with water and ice? Kinda old fashioned, yea, but if you don't like to drink diet soda because of the sodium content, that's a way to go....!!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    How about a mojito? 1 serving is about 172 calories
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i'll drink a vodka and diet soda....by the second one, who can taste the crappy diet soda anymore!:bigsmile:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they make a nice sugar free mojito? I'd become a lush if that were the case! Have a nice time - maybe try whiskey with water and ice? Kinda old fashioned, yea, but if you don't like to drink diet soda because of the sodium content, that's a way to go....!!

A diet soda has 35 mg of sodium in 8 oz. How is that so high to be a sodium concern? Celery has more sodium than that! Other issues with diet soda, to be sure. But not really sodium.
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet soda or vodka and diet tonic. Ask the bartender for a lemon wedge instead of lime. I think it makes the drink taste a lot better. The best part...only about 70 calories!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey all...

It's a very good friend of mines birthday today. So we'll being going out tonight. Now I'm the DD so only one small drink for me. Volunteering to DD was my way to get out of drinking all the calories this evening!

Personally, I'd just get the Vodka and lemonade, since that's what you really like! A typical serving is only about 172 calories, so just account for it in your diary!

Have fun!!
  • chill830
    Options
    Goodness, if you're only having one drink, get what you like!! Walk an extra mile tomorrow if it bothers you!! =) Enjoy the night out.
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet soda or vodka and diet tonic. Ask the bartender for a lemon wedge instead of lime. I think it makes the drink taste a lot better. The best part...only about 70 calories!

Perfect, Vodka and Diet Tonic with a lemon! ;)
  • Hermit4Hire
    Options
    I'm still working out how the DD gets to drink...
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Are you just going out for drinks? If it's a dinner thing, then I usually just go for water with lemon and save my calories for the food.

But, if you want an alcoholic drink, then what about a coffee drink with a 1/2 shot of something, like Irish Whiskey? There are sweeter liquors you can add to coffee like Baileys or Frangelico. Don't let them put any cream in it. If I was the DD, I'd probably just get club soda all night long.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm still working out how the DD gets to drink...

I was wondering that too!!! :laugh: :drinker:

Only ONE drinkie-poo, right??? :flowerforyou:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    i'll drink a vodka and diet soda....by the second one, who can taste the crappy diet soda anymore!:bigsmile:

Amen to that!! Especially if it is a yummy flavor of vodka like blueberry.:love::bigsmile:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice has a light version now, only 100 cals per bottle AND it has less Alcohol % as well. Only 5% as opposed to the 7%. Plus it's like vodka and lemonade. :drinker:

Hope that helps.
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I either do vodka, and diet coke or I like vodka, club soda (no calories) and a splash of cranberry (or any other juice). I also had tanqueray for the first time this weekend, which is a delicious gin. I had it with club soda and a lime slice...yummm:smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    A brandy alexander is 296 calories. A REAL martini (that's gin and vermouth) is 178 calories.

They're the only drinks that matter :wink:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey all...

Personally, I'd just get the Vodka and lemonade, since that's what you really like! A typical serving is only about 172 calories, so just account for it in your diary!

Have fun!!

I agree...you're only going to have one being that you're DD so might as well get what you really want.

Also, major props to you and friends for having a DD.
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    rum and diet coke or if you're a vodka person maybe vodka and diet sprite...which might be hard to get at a bar. Miller 64 is a good beer choice.

I typically just order a diet coke when I go to the bar...I guess I'm boring!