Ft. Lauderdale question

Options
mom2gar
mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
Hi all! I will be in Ft. Lauderdale Friday for 6 hours before my family from another state gets in. I've been to Orlando several times, but this is my first time in Ft.L. Is there anything I need to see or places to visits that I can do in a few hours? We'll be at the beach as soon as the family checks in. I just like seeing and doing local stuff when I visit places, so open to suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    six hours is not a lot of time. I don't know if you are an outdoors type of girl but, you can take the Tri-Rail bus to the Lauderdale tri-rail station and, about 500 yards from there is Bass Pro Shop.
    Other then that, there is not much around the airport except for strip clubs and, obviously, the beach.
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love the outdoors! BassPro, :) Springfield and Branson are super close to home. I couldn't find much online either. ZZ Top was there last night. Hum, maybe the beach or hotel pool then.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I love the outdoors! BassPro, :) Springfield and Branson are super close to home. I couldn't find much online either. ZZ Top was there last night. Hum, maybe the beach or hotel pool then.
    If you are meeting your folks at the beach then yeah, I suggest going directly to the hotel and hanging by the pool.
    If your hotel is downtown, then you do have the lauderdale strip that you can check out for a few hours just to kill some time. It is right along the beach and it has plenty of small clubs and resturants along with the tourist trap stores.