I'm new here...

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been actively trying to change my eating & exercise habits for about 2-1/2 months. Getting frustrated with one day feeling like I'm seeing changes and the next feeling like nothing has changed... trying really hard not to get discouraged, because I know even if I can't see it, I know I'm making progress (it's just happening so slowly...).

I'm 5'2" and I want to drop about 12-15 lbs and would enjoy meeting people with similar goals.

Good luck to everyone!
Liz

Replies

• Hi Liz and welcome!

I'm 5'3 and looking to drop about 17 lbs, I've lost 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks =)

If you want to add me feel free =) x
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Hi :smile:

Nice to "meet" you! I'm also 5'2'', and I have about 11-15 more pounds to lose! Feel free to add me, I'm GREAT motivation and support and I'll be here for/with you every step of the way! We can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Welcome aboard! :flowerforyou:

Friendship add coming your way...
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Don't get discouraged, stay positive and focused. The biggest battle with weight loss / fitness / healthy lifestyle is the mental game. Develop a routine that works for you and stick with it, regardless of what the scale says day-to-day you will make progress and you will eventually reach your goals. Best of luck!!
  • bzmamaof4
    bzmamaof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Welcom to MFP! You will love this site! I am 5'5" and am working on losing about 12 more lbs. Feel free to add me. :)
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Hi, I have about 15 more to lose as well. Feel free to add me :)
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    In a society that expects immediate gratification, it's good to see you understand this will take time. Dieting is no-no. Lifestyle adjustments is the way to go. Welcome aboard!!!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    In a society that expects immediate gratification, it's good to see you understand this will take time. Dieting is no-no. Lifestyle adjustments is the way to go. Welcome aboard!!!

I agree totally - I have been slowly but surely changing many of my eating habits and have eliminated many foods that were bad for me (my large iced DD coffee with cream and LIQUID SUGAR). I am finally beginning to feel "change".
  • LarryLaird
    LarryLaird Posts: 94 Member
    Welcome, you have come to the right place.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been actively trying to change my eating & exercise habits for about 2-1/2 months. Getting frustrated with one day feeling like I'm seeing changes and the next feeling like nothing has changed... trying really hard not to get discouraged, because I know even if I can't see it, I know I'm making progress (it's just happening so slowly...).

I'm 5'2" and I want to drop about 12-15 lbs and would enjoy meeting people with similar goals.

Good luck to everyone!
    Liz

Welcome to the family Liz, please feel free to add me to your soon to be long list of friends on here... My best advice is this, don't try to hard or you may highten your discouragement when you don't see short term change. Also, don't get frustrated. I have lost 22 pounds so far, but last week had a gain of close to a pound (after a bad week of getting off track). I again mention short term change, allow yourself time and see your results. I only weigh myself on Monday Mornings and on the same scale, I track week by week (not day by day) and have had weeks where I lost 5 pounds and weeks where I gained a pound. I try to accept the bad weeks with the good. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by July 10th (my vacation) and 100 pounds in a year.

All I ask of my friends on here is to give me the same support I give you... Best of Luck and Stay Positive!

Steve

PS-I am sending you a friend request
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    You can add me if you like, I'm 5'4 and want to lose 10lbs. Good luck!