Shin Splints!! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Caolila
    Caolila Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have flat feet you are probably over pronating so will need a shoe with more support or a stability shoe. All of the major shoe manufacturers have support shoes or you could go to a podiatrist and have an orthotic fitted which replaces the lining in your running shoe.

Good luck.
  • jojo2753
    jojo2753 Posts: 1
    Options
    (this post is a year old, but it wont hurt to post anyway) to prevent shin splints I roll my foot around on a golf ball with slight pressure (in the arch of your foot). This may sound stupid, but this is a simple trick that actually got rid of my shin splints in 24 hours when I had one and even prevented them when I did this before doing a work out that usually gives me shin splints.

do it for about a minute each foot before and after your workout and hopefully it will work for you too. the reasoning (may or may not be true) is that the tendons that are attached to the muscles responsible for shin splints attach at the arch of your under your foot, so rolling the golf ball around in that area helps loosen up everything preventing the strain. Also try writing out the entire alphabet with your foot as a warm up for your shins.