Almost 50 lb gone ... Before and After! (w pics)

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Ok, I want to know EXACTLY how you did it!!!

Obviously you are exercising if you are training for a tri, but I want to know how long did it take, where you counting cals/carbs, targeting a given calorie deficit???? Please details ;)
  • iamcaressa
    iamcaressa Posts: 39 Member

Obviously you are exercising if you are training for a tri, but I want to know how long did it take, where you counting cals/carbs, targeting a given calorie deficit???? Please details ;)

It started December 28, 2010. I joined WW at 186.2. By March, I'd only lost 9 lb. I stopped doing WW and tried to just watch what I ate. But that didn't work TOO well. I didn't really exercise, just ate a bit less than normal. No "diet" — just less food. My problem was portion control, for sure. I dropped another 9 lb by the end of the year, thanks mainly to tracking my calories here and hitting around 1150/day.

In January 2012, I weighed 168 lb and started running. I was going through kind of a hard time, personally, and wanted to have an outlet that I could go and clear my head and a friend of mine suggested I do the C25K program. It was amazing. I've done several 5ks since then and try to get in at least 15 miles a week. The exercise motivated me to eat even better, and when I started dropping, I just wanted to keep it up ...

As of May, I was down to 139, and at my last weigh in, I'm at 138.
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    What an inspiration! Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Wow, you must feel like a completely different person. Awesome results!! Going to start the C25K myself, thanks for the extra motivation!!
  • Jbbaby111
    Jbbaby111 Posts: 55 Member
    wow!!! you look amazing!!!!!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention it but obviousy you look AWESOME!!!!
    I have done cto5k before, and i dropped 0 pounds!

Right now i am eating ver well and i am exercising more than ever before, the pounds are coming off but sloooooowly
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member

It started December 28, 2010. I joined WW at 186.2. By March, I'd only lost 9 lb. I stopped doing WW and tried to just watch what I ate. But that didn't work TOO well. I didn't really exercise, just ate a bit less than normal. No "diet" — just less food. My problem was portion control, for sure. I dropped another 9 lb by the end of the year, thanks mainly to tracking my calories here and hitting around 1150/day.

In January 2012, I weighed 168 lb and started running. I was going through kind of a hard time, personally, and wanted to have an outlet that I could go and clear my head and a friend of mine suggested I do the C25K program. It was amazing. I've done several 5ks since then and try to get in at least 15 miles a week. The exercise motivated me to eat even better, and when I started dropping, I just wanted to keep it up ...

You should post above in your profile as always helpful to read how someone lost the weight.
    Congratulations, you are just oozing confidence now.
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    You look great! Congrats!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Beautiful! You look simply awesome.
  • KylieTomato
    KylieTomato Posts: 2 Member
    Amazing accomplishment! Congrats. congrats!!!
  • You look fantastic, great job ! :)
  • xipow
    xipow Posts: 58
    Very beautiful change.
  • Thank you so much for posting your story. I am exactly in the same boat as you, just about the same starting weight with the same final goal. I can't wait to get to my goal weight, the last 15 lbs are so hard to lose. Take care.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Nice and you SHOULD be proud of yourself! GREAT JOB!:bigsmile:
  • mynika0524
    mynika0524 Posts: 51 Member
    hotness! you should be proud. you worked hard! Good luck!
  • skinyZ
    skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
    WOOOWW! You look seriously amazing, congrats on your success, how tall are you btw?
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    U go, hot mama ; )
  • Ueropa
    Ueropa Posts: 73
    You look great, congrats!
  • iamcaressa

You should post above in your profile as always helpful to read how someone lost the weight.
    Congratulations, you are just oozing confidence now.

Great idea! Thanks!
  • iamcaressa
    Thanks for being so kind! I'm really glad to have found this site.

Also, for those who asked, I'm 5'5" :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!