Looking for some help losing weight while in menopause

Options
Started MFP a month ago and have lost a couple of pounds however the scale is stalled. I have about 15 pounds to lose and I am wondering if anyone has any good info on the part hormonal changes play in losing weight. I went to my doctor last year and she put me on hormone replacement therapy......BALLOONED UP 10 LBS in 3 weeks with same eating and excerise. Needless to say I quit that....not sure what to do. I have just started on phytoestrogen to see if this helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh by the way I hate to exercise but walk 30 minutes a day (in the mountains) with some light weight lifting every other day and stay at 1200-1400 calories a day. HELP....I am getting discouraged.

Replies

• GoJo65
    GoJo65 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya mwd...menopause sucks! Aand i DO workout at least 5 times a week for 45 minutes tho I admit the intensity is not what it used to be; think the added weight & discouragement of nothing seeming to work has affected my zeal.

I just joined a friendly yet pretty intense fitness competition at work & plan to try to spread it across to some other friends who are also struggling with weight(tho not from menopause) and just started MFP to help keep me on task..this while on vacation! LOL

I am hoping the support & group stuff will help keep me motivated...I am at a loss for other suggestions tho. :(

There's a discussion group specific to menopause on here if u wnat to join that? I don't even know how to 'add friends' on this thing?

Have a great day!
  • bentwillow
    bentwillow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been through surgical menopause, due to the loss of both ovaries. My metabolism has tanked! I am 50 years old and struggling to lose 20 pounds. How do I join the menopause group?