two screwed up knees, what can I do?

Options
18 months ago, I blew out my right knee showing my old dog, MRI showed a ruptured baker cyst and a sprain(I can't remember exactly what sprained), I rehabbed it, slowly, and found MFP 4 months later, and started slowly exercising. I actually got back into showing, and in fact, have shown a full weekend once a month just about all year this year, often showing multiple dogs. I was feeling SOO good about it, maybe I'd be able to go back to doing everything i wanted to do with my dogs

Then last month I fell hard on my good knee, not once, but twice in two weeks, and then this weekend, blew it out completely. . not sure if the falling on it started the problem, but now i'm stuck with a really not good knee, and a bad knee now the better knee and no clue on how to exercise to burn calories until the knee heals. . tried googling but came up with nothing :P

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I would talk to a PT about what is safe. Some things that come to mind are water aerobics, chair aerobics, rowing, maybe cycling, maybe swimming. Whatever you do, you really want to listen to your knees. You don't want to make them worse.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Google Chair exercises (obviously not the knee ones), flex and release muscles (you can burn quite a bit with this), dance from waist up (while sitting in the chair), some yoga moves (get a book on yoga for injuries and stay away from knee stuff).

Best of luck!!