New & need support... Medical problems & long term yo-yo!

Options
Hey all ... I am not new to weight loss... but I am new on here... I have been on WW and lost 46 ponds... I was on lots of other diets too... but was not as successful. I have a chronic pain condition in my hip (rare disorder) and a nerve disorder too. I wind up in pain, depressed and... of course... eating!! I am my heaviest ever and so frustrated. So now i am working on the Body by vi shakes... and using MFP and really hoping to stick with this. I am tired of missing moments with my kids... staying out of special photos... and feeling like i hate the person i see looking back.. Any support is appreciated... I seriously need people to help push me and who i can help push!!

Replies

• LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! This is a wonderful place for support and accountability...good luck!!!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support~ feel free to add me and we can do this journey together!!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My diary is open to my friends. I have nothing to hide and it helps to keep me accountable!
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    I have rheumatoid arthritis (diagnossed 2 years ago at age 30). I understand your frustration. I had yo yo dieted with the same 20 pounds since my first daughter was born. Never reaching my goal weight. Upon first being diagnossed I went through bouts of denial with depression. I saw older lady's in the rheumatology clinic with severely deformed hands which made matters worse. After gaining 25 pounds, the depression sky rocketed. I've found that I let my illness be a crutch to not exercise and take care of myself. I gave up the gym, I gave my treadmill and elliptical away because I "couldn't" use them. I lived on the couch. Fatigue got worse because I wasn't moving... I'm telling you all of this because this year, I decided to take control of my life. I hit the gym and started watching what I ate. I hired a trainer with a group of girlfriends to help keep me motivated. While the weight loss has been slow (average a pound a week) I've lost 18 pounds, 2 pant sizes and a shirt size. I have a lot more energy and I have toned arms for the first time in my life! While I still have days of fatigue and will have to battle arthritis for the rest of my life, I will not have to battle my weight. I've noticed a change in myself that I've never seen before. You can do this. If I can do it, anyone can! Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your journey!