Can't stay within the limit

Options
2»

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    What kind of fat?
    I would stay away from any full fat cheese or yogurt.
    Try:
    Peanut Butter (all natural) or other nut butter, raw nuts, sunflower seeds, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil, borage oil, primrose oil, avocado.
    Check out this book from your local library "The Natural Makeover Diet" by Dr. Joey Shulman it's about how to eat to reduce your bodys acidity and keep your blood sugar level throughout the day. It may be helpful.
    Good Luck
    -Amber

There is nothing wrong with full-fat dairy. In actuality there is nothing wrong with animal fats at all.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    My dear, there are only 3 nutrients out there. If you are cutting out the carbs, you have to go higher in protein and fat. There's nothing wrong with either. As to the sugar, there are plenty of snacks out there with low sugar that are both natural and tasty. Watermelon for example, or almost anything from the berry family.

My suggestion is, before you go for a plan like this, do extensive research into it. A low carb diet is fine, but you have to do it right, you can't just wake up one morning and decide to go low carb because someone told you it works, it takes knowledge and commitment to do that kind of a diet, it takes effort and has consequences (both good and bad) do some research, find out what you need to do, and what to expect when you start, trust me, it's worth it!
  • bagaydina
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone!!