Fasting

Options
Has anyone on here ever fasted? If so what did you do? Do you guys think its a good idea?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    inb4omgstarvationmode
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    why?

And no to me it's not a good idea.

I guess some do it to cleanse their colon.

What are your reasons?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    inb4omgstarvationmode

onyerheels.
  • weisegirl1119
    weisegirl1119 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Is that a website?
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Many have, try searching IF or ESE. I did it for the first time sun/monday, using Eatstopeat method. I loved it, it was easy and I finally dropped some after a week of no change. Ate dinner both night but only drank unsweetened tea for 24 hours between them. Yum
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Is that a website?

untitle.JPG
  • weisegirl1119
    Options
    My reason is to quick start my weight loss and I have heard you feel really good when you do it and It cleanses the body.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think it does cleanse, and if you do it correctly, once no more than twice a week and not for more than 24 hours you will not starve your body. Think about how many ailments, including my hubby's diverticulitus, that Dr's prescribe a 24 hr liquid diet.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Has anyone on here ever fasted? If so what did you do? Do you guys think its a good idea?
    Not done it. The idea is you just drink water or other zero calorie liquids for 24 hours, or 23, or whatever.

So you might have dinner tonight and eat nothing until dinner tomorrow. Or eat dinner tonight and nothing until lunch tomorrow. That kind of thing.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

I prefer the Fast-5, although the LeanGains is easier, I guess.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have done a 24 hour fast. The time starts ticking after you last meal in the evening. The next day I drank water with fresh lemon juice. It was great! I could think clearer and there were some emotional benefits as well. :happy: I would suggest doing it on a day where you don't have much to do. I did feel tired at some points during the day. I had a lovely meal at the end of the fast. I very much enjoyed that meal. :wink:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    your body can cleanse itself.
    I did intermittent fasting for two days a week for two weeks.

I did a breakfast to breakfast fast, it's called eat stop eat.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    inb4omgstarvationmode

People are soooo rude! If you don't eat every 6 hours, you'll go into starvation mode.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No. I'm too big of a b*tch when I'm hungry, people would surely get stabbed.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I love it when the snarky *kitten* make their comments when the OP has a serious question.

If they had researched starvation mode at all, they would know it is very difficult to go into it.

after about 5 days, when your body no longer sends hunger signals is the start of starvation mode.

Your body decides that no food is available and then switches it's energy sources.

a 24-48 fast is practiced in many religions and is completely safe. It will not cause starvation mode.

Keep hydrated if you decide to do one. Typically they are done for cleansing and detox or to help overcome sugar cravings.

I don't really do them, but I am not opposed to the either. There are days where I just don't feel like eating so I don't. I am trying to re-train my body to feel hunger instead of just "not being full"
  • weisegirl1119
    Options
    I love it when the snarky *kitten* make their comments when the OP has a serious question.

If they had researched starvation mode at all, they would know it is very difficult to go into it.

after about 5 days, when your body no longer sends hunger signals is the start of starvation mode.

Your body decides that no food is available and then switches it's energy sources.

a 24-48 fast is practiced in many religions and is completely safe. It will not cause starvation mode.

Keep hydrated if you decide to do one. Typically they are done for cleansing and detox or to help overcome sugar cravings.

I don't really do them, but I am not opposed to the either. There are days where I just don't feel like eating so I don't. I am trying to re-train my body to feel hunger instead of just "not being full"

Thanks that makes sense:smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I love it when people completely fail at reading comprehension
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I once went like 8 hours between lunch and dinner. Felt like I was fasting.