Perhaps this is a stupid question re Body Fat %

Options
13»

Replies

• 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/

This is what I use get my BF%. I know it's not as accurate as getting tested, but it's way cheaper!!!!

Thank you! I used it, it was very helpful :D
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    pictures don't tell the whole story:
    r8e0y9.jpg

Yes and no. These women may have the same total amount of BF but there's no way they have the same BF percentage. The added muscle of the lady on the left will skew her percentage lower.

Do you understand how percentages work?

Is it just me? or does anyone else think they look like the exact same person just the one on the left has muscles lol That would make sense then why they have same fat percent. Muscle isnt fat. Take all those muscles off mrs.popeye there and put them on olive and you wouldnt be able to tell the diff lol
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    The best advice I've read is to judge for yourself where you're at by looking in the mirror. And then pick any method and track progress that way if it helps with goal-setting. It doesn't matter how accurate it is, you're just measuring against whatever your starting point was. And ultimately it's about whether you like what you see, so..

(This is re aesthetics only, visceral fat that leads to health risk is something else. But doing the things to get visible bf down will help with that too.)

edit: or, what davpul said.