so mad at myself =[

madwake2011
madwake2011 Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I stopped using the site for a WHILE. Like months =[

I don't know why I did.. it was set as one of my home pages and I'm on the computer A LOT... more than once a day. I really want to try to keep it up but my laziness gets the best of me. Does anyone have any advice for staying on track on the site? Any would be greatly appreciated =] Thanks!

Replies

• ericks
    ericks Posts: 1
    First of all... don't get mad at yourself. If you let yourself get discouraged you'll never be successful.

Put a reminder in your cell phone for a time of day when you know you will be close to a computer and have it say "GO TO MY FITNESS PAL!" and don't ignore it. Also tell your significant other, or best friend to ask you if you did it (or have them sign up too). Having one other person to hold you accountable that helps a ton!

Good luck - remember that it feels better to lose weight than to put it on :o)
    e*ricks
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    The only suggestion I have is remind yourself that you are worth the time you put into becoming more healthy. Take the time to log your food and exercise. You are worth it!!! :smile:

best of luck getting back on track!!! :drinker:
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    I stopped using the site for a WHILE. Like months =[

I don't know why I did.. it was set as one of my home pages and I'm on the computer A LOT... more than once a day. I really want to try to keep it up but my laziness gets the best of me. Does anyone have any advice for staying on track on the site? Any would be greatly appreciated =] Thanks!

Well get back on that horse!!!! Try whenever you eat something to get on and log it, if you can't write it in your phone and log it at the end of the day. It might be counter productive to log at the end of the day but it will give you a heads up for tomorrow!
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    luckily there is always tomorrow to start over. thank goodness. i never let myself eat unless i first log it in. i found that an awesome way to control my calorie intake. i also mimimize the screen so it's up all day for easier tracking. good luck, you can do it.....
  • shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    i have made changing my body my number one priority right now and I never want to do anything that hinders or back tracks my progress.
    SO I am totally honest and part of that is logging my food and exercise every day.
    I log around lunch everyday to see where I am sitting and what my dinner should be.
    And I log every time I eat something new to find out exactly how many calories it was.

I think you have to think of the dedication to logging as a dedication to your goals and a dedication to yourself.
This discussion has been closed.