Are you CRAZY?

Options
I'm not new to this, started just before Xmas but It's off and on really becuase It's not feasible to follow this all the time.
Anyway, Im scrolling through the topics and there are girls here saying that they aim for 1200 kcal a day... ARE YOU CRAZY?!

I eat healthily, my standard day includes cornflakes for breakfast, a reasonable lunch and then a scrummy (but healthy) dinner, my aim is 1600 kcal but there's some days and I just find it damn near impossible to achieve.

My aim is 0.5lb a week so I dont rapidly change my bosy and put a load of pressure on my organs/muscles, so i know im eating more than what I would if i was aiming for 2lb but really? 1200 kcal is barely enough calories for a good pizza!!

Are these people CRAZY?
Or do they just not like food? haha!

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, use it. Maybe they're crazy but maybe, just maybe, you're the crazy one ;-)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm so crabby and tired if I average 1200 a day. Some days I'm just not that hungry but that's rare lol.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    i think it's to each their own. what works for X will not work for Y. so youre happy with your calorie intake, leave it at that.

you do what works best for you and be happy with your results!! keep kicking butt!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    what works for one will not work for all..... anyone have some popcorn to share?
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Everyones calorie intake needs are differnt based on height weight workouts ect.. I am for 1200 NET and i eat plenty of good food.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i'm going to vote "crazy" but also state that this may not be the reason/proof of their craziness.

the proof is that they are women.

i keed, i keed
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Emmmm, MFP has set my daily goal to 1200. So if that's what is recommended for me to eat to lose the weight I want to lose, and MFP think it's ok, then why is it any of anyone elses business?

Also, I don't struggle with 1200. It's not difficult. And I've lost 53 pounds since January by doing just this
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    what works for one will not work for all..... anyone have some popcorn to share?

NO! Popcorn has evil carbs You know this woman!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Maybe some of us do not lose weight eating the way you do.

Just a thought.

But I guess I missed the "we're all exact clones of each other" memo.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I ain't skeered no carbs! Nom nom!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    so not what i thought you meant.. as i was about to give my personal testimony on my fall into mental depravity and unfettered persona carelessness, which causes me to be restrained to secure my personal well being..

or better know as:

my love jacket as i hold my self so tight..
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    YES Im CRAZY! not b/c I aim to eat 1200 cals a day. I tried eating back all my excercize cals...my end result...I gained and i was so FREAKING bloated I went from a 25 inch waist to 27!

Honestly I love food but Im not consumed by it...i just like life better overall eating the way Im eating now!

but to each his own! I could say the same thing for people that eat 2000 plus cals daily ...but I wont.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Joker_popcorn.gif
    I can spare popcorn

and I'm sure 1200 cals isn't for everyone, but to each their own \m/
  • ejleadley
    ejleadley Posts: 12
    Options

Carbs aren't evil! They're vital!!
    You cant cut out a whole food group either, it stops your body being able to metabolise the food and it just turns into sugar and then unused energy ultimately which means a weight gain.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    it's either eat around 1200 calories a day or stop losing. That is just a sad biological thing when you approach your goal weight.
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have my goals set to 1200 per day. I earn more calories on days I exercise, so then I will eat some/all of them back. I never feel that I am depriving myself. I am just eating better than I was before. I am eating more veggies, which have few calories and fill me up more than the garbage I was eating before. If I go over on my calorie I do not beat myself up because tomorrow is another day. So no, I don't think it is crazy to try to stay around 1200 calories a day for a normal day. If I want good (ie fatty/cheesy/delicious) pizza I will just stick as close to 1200 as possible the next day and try to get in a longer workout.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My intake is roughly 1100-1200 a day. Look at my diary, I eat great food! Lots of it and plenty tasty. It is working for me and I have no loss of energy. That being said, I only walk 30 minutes 4 times a week and go on usually 1 bike ride. I am super busy and at the office long hours. It is working for me. I have been on here a while and see all different opinions. I have tried most of them and I feel good on this particular lifestyle. I dont give advice and I dont push my way on anyone. I also have fun with my food, and bake....all at under 1200 a day. It can be done and enjoyed.
  • rml_16
    Options

You cant cut out a whole food group either, it stops your body being able to metabolise the food and it just turns into sugar and then unused energy ultimately which means a weight gain.
    Tee hee.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Maybe some of us do not lose weight eating the way you do.

Just a thought.

But I guess I missed the "we're all exact clones of each other" memo.

Also, you're 23. I didn't even have a weight problem at that age and I lived on pizza and steak. Talk to me in 10 years about how much you can eat and how crazy we all are.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

advice-animals-memes-socially-awkward-penguin-sarcasm-so-advanced.jpeg