Do you track fruit and veggies?

Options
Hi! I'm starting back up with MFP and hope I have the will power to stay on track this time! WW current program does not require the tracking of fruit or veggies (as long as they're in their natural state), even potatoes!! I'm not trying to "cheat" (I know thats just cheating myself), but I was wondering if anyone does that with fruits and veggies on MFP? And if so, are you being successful in weight loss?

Replies

• dufner
    dufner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking everything! So far down 17 in 7 weeks. I figure it may be a veggie but it stil has calories in it. I love avacados but if you eat a whole one its like 250 cal...the way i look at it is I would rather track and have a deficit than not track and go over my calories.
  • MicaelaFW
    MicaelaFW Posts: 63
    Options
    Regardless of them being in their natural state, they still have calories, carbs,sugar etc... they still are a part of caloric intake...I think you are correct in saying you would only be cheating yourself... Try starting fresh, but be fair to yourself! :) You can do this... !
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Rule #1- this is not WW.

Yes....if I didn't, I would not be logging 200-400 calories a day.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If it goes past your lips.....LOG IT! :happy:
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    WW current program does not require the tracking of fruit or veggies (as long as they're in their natural state), even potatoes!!

have you ever checked out the calories in a massive baked potato...?:huh:
  • Tarale1
    Tarale1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to log EVERYTHING. You would be surprised the calorie/sugar content in some things that we put in our mouths.

I have learned to 1/2 some fruits such as bananas and use it towards 2 snacks instead of one (unless going for a run).

It's important to get a TRUE idea of what you are eating and how many calories, etc. you have a day.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. Track everything you eat.

I used to follow WW and loved the "free" fruits and veggies. I found however that overall I wasn't eating very healthy as I filled up the other points with crap.

Fruits and veggies still have calories. If I didn't log them now I wouldn't be logging about 500 calories worth of food each day. That equals a pound each week.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    WW works differently to MFP and accounts for average fruit and veg that you would consume during the day, on the standard PP system potatoes are NOT FREE!!

MFP calories that it calculates for you would have to include everything that passes your lips which includes tracking fruit and veggies.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I track everything that goes in my mouth.

And you can do this....stay strong!
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    yes i do, i log e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g :)
  • beanerific518
    Options
    Yes, track everything - this is not WW. That being said, WW is on the right track to encourage you to eat more fruit and veggies. So eat clean: no processed foods, lots of fruits, veggies, other high quality carbs, lean proteins, fiber and good fats. When you start eating clean you will feel healthier, full, and energized. Plus it is really yummy!

I started on WW and it helped ween me off my processed food habit. Now I like to really control my calorie intake and macro ratios via MFP. You'll get there. If I can turn around 29 years of poor food choices, anyone has a shot! :smile:
  • SummerStorm1
    SummerStorm1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! For the advice and the encouragement! If it goes in my mouth, I'll track it! :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! For the advice and the encouragement! If it goes in my mouth, I'll track it! :)

Yes everything! :wink: :wink: :tongue:
  • shaedreams
    shaedreams Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do....reason being Sugar and carbs...not so much calories or fat.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did WW, and we did have to track fruit and vegetables, not all of them are "free" No calories are "free" so the program is flawed.