BeachBody Programs and Results

Options

Replies

• SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan! I've done P90X and X2, will probably buy Asylum after I complete my current round of X2

I initially did X1 and killed the workouts but didn't focus on the nutrition really at all. I got in good shape, but didn't get shredded or have that big of a transformation. I continued to do it intermittently, but of course no big changes. When X2 became available, I ordered it and decided to focus on nutrition 100%.

So, with X2, I dropped 25 lbs, 38 -> 34 pants, 18 -> 6% BF. For me, nutrition made all the difference. Now, I really am in the best shape of my life (cliche, but true)

I'm now in my 2nd round of X2, going thru it with a 40 lb weighted vest. Currently in Week 1 of the Strength Phase.

Transformation pics in profile if you're interested.

FYI - BB has a new program coming out this summer called "Body Beast" ---bodybuilding workout
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

FYI - BB has a new program coming out this summer called "Body Beast" ---bodybuilding workout

Ooh, now that sounds interesting.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 15 of 20 right now of Turbofire and love it. I lost 26 pounds so far since I have started, which is 7 pounds from my goal (though I am at a healthy weight for my height and frame now and in the best shape of my life). I'm debating on doing P90X next or branching out to Tapout XT which I have heard great reviews of.

To answer your question, I never got into the Shakeology thing. I just stick to healthy eating and drink protein shakes. I drink a cheaper energy powder I mix in with water (Amino Energy) when I need an extra boost (which is rare).

I agree with above on Shakeology, nothing against it, just a little pricey for me.

But I love the programs... done P90X, Insanity and now just started P90X2!

Feel free to add me!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Ooh, now that sounds interesting.

I heard Shawn T. is working on a new program too!!!!! Probably taking us closer to the edge of a heart attack.. LOL
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    When you do the Beach Body programs, and get yourself into a routine (watching your nutrition), you can't help but have results. I started with P90X, then went to Insanity and later P90X2. Now I just do a mix of the three. I don't do the whole shakeology bit. Can do quite well with protein powder from the store. No need to spend all the extra money. Just manage your nutrition. You will get good results.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I have done 1 Round of ChaLean Extreme and loved the results. Currently I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift. Great results but I really don't like the Cardio Axe. I ordered the Deluxe of it and it has substitutes so I'd rather do that.

Not following the meal plan, just trying to be better about calorie intake.

My son started Shaun T's Get Real on Monday. We'll see how that goes :)
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I recently completed my first round of P90X this week and I am really pleased with the results I had. I didn't really follow the nutrition guide but I started (and still am) eating a lot more healthy foods out and I have cut out a lot of the junk food (chips, soda, etc...). I am eager to start Insanity in a few weeks with my best friend :)
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm on Shakeology. At first, I wasnt going to get it b/c of the price, but then gave it a shot b/c of the "bottom of the bag guarantee. I really like it, keeps my mornings simple and I know I'm getting some good nutrients right away. Also seemed to help with my energy levels.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody programs. I did a full round of p90x and then insanity. I'm considering doing the hybrid next. I do not use shakeology though.

Before Beachbody.....
    0660d688.jpg

e21cb75b.jpg

e28b81c1.jpg

After....

3bf8f363.jpg

463ed0a0.jpg

I had great results from these Programs!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm only on Day 3 or Power 90 my first time ever to do a beach body workout. I only have 10-15 pounds left to lose, so I'm more doing it for tightening things up. After p90 I'm doing p90x then insanity. I've not SEEN any results yet, but I sure feel results haha... Or maybe that's just my muscles heh!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Did turbofire--it definitely trimmed me down...but I saw more results with a "fit" body doing 30day shred, really any Jillian Michaels
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody programs. I did a full round of p90x and then insanity. I'm considering doing the hybrid next. I do not use shakeology though.

Before Beachbody.....
    0660d688.jpg

e21cb75b.jpg

e28b81c1.jpg

After....

3bf8f363.jpg

463ed0a0.jpg

I had great results from these Programs!

Wow this gives me so much hope! I have stretch marks and hoping they go down a lot more. You look fab!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 25 pounds doing Turbofire and Slim in 6. I gained it back to due to my own fault and now I am working on losing the weight again. I am now using Turbofire and Chalean Extreme and I will get the weight back off and then some.
  • MicheleTh
    MicheleTh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last year for 2 weeks shy of the 90 days. Unfortunately, I didn't take measurements and I based my success / failure on the scale, which didn't budge. I did, however, get stronger as I went through the program.

I quit shy of the 90 day mark due to being so discouraged since I wanted / needed to loose at least 30 pounds. My weight was maintained during the program, which I followed per their recommendations in the eating plan. It was suggested by my coach to join MFP so I did, but was at my frustration level and didn't continue much longer after joining.

This time around, again the scale isn't moving, but I have completed Jillian 30DS (not beach body) and have lost at least 6 inches all over my body.

May try the p90x again in a few weeks.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When you do the Beach Body programs, and get yourself into a routine (watching your nutrition), you can't help but have results. I started with P90X, then went to Insanity and later P90X2. Now I just do a mix of the three. I don't do the whole shakeology bit. Can do quite well with protein powder from the store. No need to spend all the extra money. Just manage your nutrition. You will get good results.

Shakeology isn't for weight loss, it's a healthy whole food supplement. Now most people do lose weight when they drink it, but for me it's been more about energy, immunity, and overall health. I have been on it for 2 years and I no longer get colds or allergy attacks. My immune system has been stronger than ever, my skin, hair and nails are healthier and I have more energy. I didn't get any of that from protein powders that I used to drink. Not trying to get you to buy it, just sharing what it has done for me.
  • gooteek
    gooteek Posts: 64
    Options
    Did a session (90 days) of P90X while using Shakeology and had great results. I was also running a lot, but I was in the best shape of my life by the end. Had not seen my abs for 20 years...then they magically started to appear. Running again and ready to start another session to get rid of the last 20 pounds. Been using Shakes since last July and will probably use them always now as a meal replacement in the morning.
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X right now and am having amazing results. I don't really follow the nutrition plan, but I keep tabs on here and watch my caloric intake.

I have 21 days left and can't wait to see what I accomplished at the end, before I inevitably take a week off then hit play from day 1 again! :)
  • ChristineandRoxy
    ChristineandRoxy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/576766-thank-you-chalean-johnson-pics

these are my chalean extreme d part of turbo fire results omg i love beachbody!!!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I want to try the Insanity program.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have started insantity on Monday. Of course no results yet execpt I need to figure out my intake. I am starving today. Started off well but not making such good choices. This afternoon.