Official 30 Day shred thread!

Options

Replies

• prettyblack69
    Options
    so im a day late but i started 30ds on thursday, so today is #2 for me, so sore this is a killer workout!!! will post measurments soon.
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok a stupid question, is it the exact same workout for 10 straight days? Do you take rest days at all? I did it the first day but then I was so sore from the push ups that I could only get 1/2 way through it again. I thought you weren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row?

JM's suggested schedule is as follows:

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 Days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Rinse, repeat...

Wait....

So is the 30 day shred meant to be completed within one month or is is supposed to be 30 days of doing the workout in total (7+ weeks)?? I've been doing it every single day.

Anyone? I've been doing it every day also except for when I work 16 hour days.
  • amberneth0206
    Options
    I feel so relieved now! I've been doing the 30 day shred for 3 days straight so far, I have a gym membership and I was worried I would be paying for it for a whole month and not even use it due to the 30 day shred at home. Thank God there is a rest day!
  • krleeqmayna
    Options
    Started the 30 DS today Level 1 Day 1...I was sweating and glaring at my tv....Jillian is one hard taskmaster!! I felt kinda dizzy at the end, but I am determined to stick this out. Think I will combine Zumba as my cardio part of the schedule. Plus I am walking at least 1 1/2 miles to 2 1/4 miles a day fast pace. I have a mini goal set for July 18th and this should give me results as long as I stick with it. If anyone wants to add me as a friend, for motivation and encouragement, please feel free. We need to keep each other going. Wish there were more local ladies near me with the same or similar goals. Took measurements and pics when I started 20 days ago...will those work or should I do new ones?
  • sarah228844
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2 now!
    When I first did level 2 I thought it was a lot harder than level 1, but a few days in and it's getting a bit easier already! The burn isn't QUITE as painful haha!

Credit to Jillian though, never sweated so much in a 20 minute period in my life!
  • laxmomma10
    laxmomma10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :happy: So I "shredded" Tues, Wed, Thur and Friday then had an out of town lax tournament to coach all weekend. I started back in with Jillian this afternoon. I have to say, I was surprised at practice last night that I could (momentarily) hang with my players ... still terribly out of shape ... BUT I wasn't hurting this morning! That was sweet. I can see I am getting my life back.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    When you do 30 Day Shred, are you entering it in your exercise on MFP? I didn't see it specifically listed there - do you enter each exercise individually?
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am restarting tonight. 3rd times a charm:-) I entered it has circuit training until I got a heart rate moniter then I created a new exercise and named it Jillians 30 day shred
  • uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Today is my 2nd day at level 1 of 30DS. I sure am sore!
  • bardni
    bardni Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new to the MFP and 30DS. I am a SAH mom of 3 little girls (all under 5) who now wants to lose the baby weight and tone up now that I will not be having any more kiddos. I came across 30DS yesterday and went ahead and decided to give it a try. I have been doing Beachbody's Hip Hop Abs for the past 5 weeks (5-6 days/week) and became discouraged after slim to none results were seen. So here I am.... hoping that this will be the program that finally shows off hard work put into it.

I completed Day 1 yesterday and I can feel it all over today!! But now my question is do you do the Level one work out EVERY day for 10 days? Do you rest any? I have seen so much different info on the recommendations of how to do this workout. Some people have said to alternate the Level 1 vid with days of cardio, some say the same thing every day. So please... any info would be helpful so I know what to do today.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to working with, encouraging, and being encouraged (and motivated) by you all as well. :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to restart today!!! But I played in the park this afternoon and hurt my neck so I'm not sure I can... ):
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    Just started day 1. After 3 different interuptions (gonna have to do my workout in the morning before the kids get up) According to my HRM I burned a little over 200 calories. Not so great but considering it took me 32 minutes to finish a 20 minute workout I am sure my heart rate slowed down to often. Can't wait to see what tomorrow says, should also help now that I know what to expect.

Would love some fellow Shred friends if anyone wants to add me :)
  • CassieandBella
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and would love to join in! I just finished Level 1, Day 2 and goodness am I sore! But its already getting better. I could hardly do the workouts yesterday and finished the whole thing today! I need to record measurements today, hoping to see some results before I see my military fiance in August!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yeah completed Day 6 today !!!!
  • Minnesota_Mark
    Options
    I say pay attention to your body and avoid injury. Personally, I think it is insane to do 30ds every day for more than 2 days straight. The schedule above of 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest sounds very rational to me, but I actually only shred 2-3 times per week and mix in some walking and softball/baseball 3-4 times per week as well. Remember, if you get injured your workouts will end, so better to mix it up with other things and definitely take a rest day when needed.

Since I take breaks I stick with the same level for about 3 weeks or so. Right now I am in the middle of my level 2 stage and will probably twice more this week and 2-3 times next week, then switch to level 3 after that. Listen to your body, but don't wimp-out! Good luck.
  • cherryvodkagirl
    Options
    Got my DVD today, starting Weds morning, I actually can't wait. Hope I still feel this motivated when I wake up.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 8 of Workout 1 today. I think it is still hard. It may be because I have been doing other workouts at the same time.
    Are you supposed to do just the 30DS by itself? No other working out?
    I have started C25K and I also walk 3 times a week for about 4-5 miles. So that could help explain why I have been so sore. But I am actually seeing results already and lost 2 lbs last week, I weigh on saturday so hopefully I will see more pounds gone.
    I am excited about getting to workout 2, only 2 more days. :drinker:
  • Meltallica
    Meltallica Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey all, I did level 1 for the first time on Monday and again yesterday. I will not be doing it again today, way too sore! And one want to be my 30DS friend?
  • Meltallica
    Options
    Ok a stupid question, is it the exact same workout for 10 straight days? Do you take rest days at all? I did it the first day but then I was so sore from the push ups that I could only get 1/2 way through it again. I thought you weren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row?

JM's suggested schedule is as follows:

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 Days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Rinse, repeat...

That sounds a whole lot better to me!! Where did you get this info from?
  • Meltallica
    Options
    Which JM DVD would all of you suggest to go with the 30DS for the 2 days of cardio?