Clean house NSV lol

Options
JenMarie8781
JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
I have much more energy now than I did one year ago. It used to be really hard to find the motivation to clean and do other household chores but not anymore. It's funny how I didn't even realize that my lack of energy was because I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day and weighed 368 pounds. Duh. lol

Now I do dishes like 3 times a day instead of every couple days. I vacuum, sweep and mop every day. I actually DUST things. lol. I have so much more energy now that I am eating better, exercising and NOT smoking.

And I have also been doing A LOT more with my kids! We go for walks to the library and the park, we go out and play in the yard, etc. Last summer my husband was the one doing most of that stuff with them because I was always so tired and I was ashamed to be seen in public because of my weight.

It is amazing how much has changed in just 14 months!

94c2.jpg

Replies

• buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Great job! Not only on your weight loss, but on the quitting smoking too!!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    How great is that? You should be super proud :) I am very happy for you and your success :) Congratulations on your weightloss and the awesome changes its making in your life. Your kids must so happy to have you doing things with them and I'm sure it feels great to get out more and enjoy your life :) I loved reading your post and am very happy for you :)
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Seriously fantastic! I hope your kids know how blessed they are to have a mom who is there for them!! Have a wonderful summer playing!!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Great job! Not only on your weight loss, but on the quitting smoking too!!

Thank you : )
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I love NSVs that come with a bonus!
  • bajmaster
    bajmaster Posts: 11
    Options
    omg that is great to hear. I love this story. keep up this work and keep inpsiring others like me:)
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    How great is that? You should be super proud :) I am very happy for you and your success :) Congratulations on your weightloss and the awesome changes its making in your life. Your kids must so happy to have you doing things with them and I'm sure it feels great to get out more and enjoy your life :) I loved reading your post and am very happy for you :)

Thank you! It really does feel good to be out doing things and actually ENJOYING life instead of being stuck in the house all the time because I was too self-conscious to go out. I missed my son's "Family Nights" at school, his Christmas play and many other things because I was too embarrassed to go to a crowded place. My mom and my husband would do all of those things. Now I am doing them : )
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    omg that is great to hear. I love this story. keep up this work and keep inpsiring others like me:)

• JenMarie8781
    Options
    Seriously fantastic! I hope your kids know how blessed they are to have a mom who is there for them!! Have a wonderful summer playing!!

Thanks. We definitely will : )
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    bump : )
  • doxiegal13
    doxiegal13 Posts: 35
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One of the best NSV stories I've ever heard. You, your kids, your husband, even your house have all benefited from your success!!
  • VeganTrish
    VeganTrish Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! It's wonderful that you're out and about and enjoying your life and your family.
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    One of the best NSV stories I've ever heard. You, your kids, your husband, even your house have all benefited from your success!!

Thank you! Looking at the way my life is today and the way it was just 14 months ago, it's COMPLETELY different! I know it sounds corny but I feel like I am actually LIVING again : )
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    I am so happy for you! It's wonderful that you're out and about and enjoying your life and your family.

• KenRNhol22
    KenRNhol22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! Awesome job!! :)
  • fitnesspalloser
    fitnesspalloser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You must be very proud of yourself. I am so glad you posted a "before" and "now" photo. Never lose sight of where you've been and keep going. You're looking good. Who would have thought that all that weight would keep you from playing with your children. And now you have a bonus, a clean house! You are a great encouragement. Keep it up!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    You must be very proud of yourself. I am so glad you posted a "before" and "now" photo. Never lose sight of where you've been and keep going. You're looking good. Who would have thought that all that weight would keep you from playing with your children. And now you have a bonus, a clean house! You are a great encouragement. Keep it up!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!