Bacon Sundae

Options

Replies

• Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    file_35_55.jpg

I agree with this. :-) My sister on the other hand, while thinking that bacon makes other things better, she thinks eating it with anything takes away from the bacon itself, so if she gets it on a burger, she pulls it off and eats it separate. LOL.

Meanwhile, I'd totally try it, though probably not from BK. I used to (on very rare occasions, mind you) go to a place where I'd order a side of bacon, a plate of pickles and a hot fudge sundae cup (though I never combined the foods). They thought I was NUTS (and pregnant, which I wasn't). Can't beat the sweet and salty combo.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    file_35_55.jpg

It is the candy of the meat group :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I can feel the film of cold bacon grease in my mouth just thinking about it. So gross.
  • lat3ralus65
    lat3ralus65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it (aside from the diet implications). I've had a bacon sundae at an actual restaurant before, and it was good. The salty bacon goes well with the sweetness of the ice cream and fudge.

You know what's good? Bacon pancakes (or chocolate chip bacon pancakes).
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I apologize but I'm going to get my food snob on here for a second, please bear with me

I have been to a quite a few high end restaurants (we're talking places you reserve months in advance) and this dish has been happening for quite awhile there. I'm of two minds about it-
    1) Boring, it's been done (and better) and now it's kind of played out.
    2) I think it's interesting ideas from modernist cuisine (or molecular gastronomy as some call it) have begun to filter down and are now more accessible to everyone. Obviously most people will never eat at WD 50, Fat Duck, Jean-Georges or Momofuku/Milk Bar but deserve to play and enjoy food as much as anyone else.

However, if I'm going to eat something like this, I'd rather save that moment for a REAL chef who knows their flavour profiles. I believe The Fat Duck in the UK (Heston Blumenthal's place) was one of the early places to try this and I adore Heston would rather blow my calories for a week trying his than BK's any day of the week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52391789@N00/526713555/
    (that pic is from 2007 -not mine but it shows how long this idea has been around).

It's actually an AMAZING combination but I doubt BK could do it well.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm so over the "bacon on everything" fad. Just watch anything on the food channel for 2 minutes and someone will put bacon on SOMETHING.:grumble:

LOL that drives me crazy. Stop ripping off old ideas from well known chefs and do your own experiments! Bacon is the new gelee which was the new foam. OVER IT.

I am into this trend of savory/herb desserts though. Chamomile ice cream? Yes, please!
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That sounds so gross to me! I am a bacon lover, too.
  • shendras
    shendras Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can feel the film of cold bacon grease in my mouth just thinking about it. So gross.

Now I can, too! :sick:
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    file_35_55.jpg

THIS
  • jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    Options
    This sounds absolutely disgusting! My stomach started turning when I saw this advertised on tv this morning.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Ewww...I love bacon, but that's a no-go for me. I bet my kids would eat it though.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how I don't like bacon, there's no way!!!
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Salty and sweet is one of my favorites but I'd much rather have haagan daz salted caramel truffle ice cream. If i''m gonna splurge it better be worth it! ;)
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Like I posted in the other post on MFP about this......

Pretty yucky combo either way.. Guess thats not helping the over all American healthy diet. Ice cream= mostly sugar+fat some calcium, Bacon =sat fat+cholesterol some protein. I know lets combine them...not!
    16.gif16.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYZHKES5zilWsJGbBfT38ZuYlm-evb_l_vBV36usTwdkZvaGJv
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    needs more bacon
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ewww Ewwwww EWWWWWW!!! I can't even tolerate maple syrup from my pancakes getting on my bacon. Bacon is only acceptable with other meat items for me. (i.e. chicken & bacon, bacon cheesburger, etc.) I'll even forgo bacon bits on salad. I want my icecream unadulerated by savory items!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how I don't like bacon, there's no way!!!

Or maybe bacon just doesn't like you lol...j/k:laugh:
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just had a friend post a picture of that last night, icky
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If I wasnt fat, I would eat this...but I am.....so I wont. :grumble:
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    I don't like mushy bacon, so I would not try it.