cravings

Options
Have you ever had these intense cravings, for ice cream, cookies, OREO PIE..ETC. i do daily! If anyone has any advice on how to curb these cravings for sweets, or has anything they want to share on how they lost those last few pounds. Please msg me. I'd love to hear your story!:)

Replies

• msmariebrown
    Options
    I eat mini versions. For ice cream, I will have one of those little $1 Haagen Daas or Ben & Jerry's. For cookies, I will see what a serving size and have accordingly--but no more. For candy bars, I will buy a bag of minis and eat 2 a day. I've found that all I am craving is the taste. Once I satisfy that I can move on.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I am the worst ever when it comes to cravings and sweets - You would think I was pregnant with 20 babies! LOL. I do my very best to just keep it in moderation.If I deny myself all together, I will fail. So smaller bites.... I still fail a lot though!
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I frequently buy those little Skinny Cow ice cream cups, they're usually $1 and 150 calories for the entire thing.

http://www.skinnycow.com/products/icecream.aspx
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    I wish I was one of those people who could have one piece of chocolate, one mini candy bar, etc., to satisfy my cravings. I am, unfortunately, not. If I have one, I want them all!!! So I have to just stay away from trigger foods altogether. Wish it was different, and maybe after I train myself better it will work. For now, I just try to find replacements, like fresh raspberries or dipping strawberries in nonfat yougart. Something to satisfy my sweet tooth as best I can without sabotaging myself!
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    i fall sucker to cravings too. But I say don't deprive yourself. Try and look for healthier snack options or have a small porition. For example, I love chocolate, but instead of buying the 100g bar, I buy the 42g bar and only eat 1 square. This way I savour it- (beucase I know I am not going to eat the entire bar) And I get the taste of it too :)
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've done both methods depending on how strong or the type of craving. Sometimes, I can manage just minimizing the portions and eat the mini versions. This is especially the case when it comes to ice cream. I always get mini bars. Chocolate is my weakness so I often try to stay away from it completely because if I get any, I'll binge on it whether its a whole chocolate bar or a whole bag.

Cravings are natural for us all. Try finding smaller portions of what you crave, find healthier alternatives i.e. dark chocolate or low/no sodium chips, or if you really can't trust yourself, keep away altogether and fight through the craving by keeping your mind focused on a different task. I often chew gum just to keep myself from munching on other things. Hopefully you find what works for you!
  • feather314
    feather314 Posts: 97
    Options
    Single serve portions are great!! I realize they tend to cost a little more but if that's what you need it's worth the splurge. I know several ice cream companies now offer single serve ice cream cups and they range from $1 to $2.50 so really not too bad.

You could also get single serve bags of cookies and such. Again they will cost more but it will be easier to stick to one serving.

Good luck!!!
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had these intense cravings, for ice cream, cookies, OREO PIE..ETC. i do daily! If anyone has any advice on how to curb these cravings for sweets, or has anything they want to share on how they lost those last few pounds. Please msg me. I'd love to hear your story!:)

sometimes every second. It is slowly beginning to lesson, but it is a constant battle. Eat some fruit first and wait a little bit; if you are still craving it, then have a mini version of that item. I keep single serving sizes of lean cow ice cream in my fridge for those crazy moments. For me Twizzlers are my downfall, omg I just crave them something fierce.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I wish I was one of those people who could have one piece of chocolate, one mini candy bar, etc., to satisfy my cravings. I am, unfortunately, not. If I have one, I want them all!!! So I have to just stay away from trigger foods altogether. Wish it was different, and maybe after I train myself better it will work. For now, I just try to find replacements, like fresh raspberries or dipping strawberries in nonfat yougart. Something to satisfy my sweet tooth as best I can without sabotaging myself!

I want it all too that's why I have a cheat meal once a week and try to eat what I crave
  • aeferr01
    aeferr01 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love the jello pudding snacks (sugar free). They are 60 calories and rich. Also Sugar free Jello is awesome. They are only 5 calories a piece I believe.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and 100 cal. fudgsicles help me. Also, I am eating more protein than I ever have in my life - and guess what! My cravings are gone!!!!