LADIES: Pre-period Bloating question

Options
2»

Replies

• LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, hate these days! I made the mistake of getting on the scale yesterday about 5 days pre-tom and was 1 lb heavier; I know I will go up at least 4 more lbs before it is over. I've decided to only weight myself twice a month now, the two weeks following the end of my period, because seeing the #s rise up when I've been under my cals every day is totally disappointing. Don't beat yourself up, just STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!
  • naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    Well I've only had 1 period so far since trying to lose weight.. and during that week i just maintained at the same weight.. no lost (I however did swell up and looked fatter than when I started, but it all went down plus some, when the bloating left mid-cycle). My next period is due in the next week or 2.. So I'm expecting some bloating and slight weight gain this week -__- . I think the PMS has already started because I've been eating everything in site.. and now I have no appetite what so ever today unless its chocolaty or creamy.. let me stop rambling lol.. but yea its normal anywhere up to 5lbs during TOM and sometimes more than that.. but it shouldnt last for more than a week.
  • FAYESY84
    FAYESY84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So encouraging to hear other women having the same problem, I find it so depressing. Every time I end up thinking 'what's the point- hand me the 500g bar of chocolate'! Think I will take the advice of others on here and just weigh myself twice a month when I know it will be a better reflection of the hard work I have put in. Thanks ladies!
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    They have 500g bars of chocolate?!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Saw this thread as soon as I was getting ready to post about how the heck can I gain 6 pounds in 1 week. I have not had a period for a while due to being on the pill nonstop but stopped the pill a couple weeks again and feel like I am supposed to get TOM any day now. I am devastated but hoping it is just pre-peroid bloating... Last week I was down 2 pounds from the previous now up 6... I really want to scream this morning! :sad:
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I also gain and swell up like a balloon.

I have learnt to step away from the scales when i am jsut about to start my period, and for a few days after. Oh, and to wear looser clothes to disguise the masive preggy looking belly.

Currently lounging on the sofa wearing a very floaty dress... ;)
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    I get bloating up to a week before my period, from 2-4lbs.

I don't mind it, it's the CRAVINGS that kill me a little on the inside.
    This! I dont mind the scale. The cravings are unbearable.
  • momjulia101
    momjulia101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, but I always get bloated before my period too. I don't start losing it until a day or two after my period starts. Not sure if I'll weight myself during the PMS weeks!
  • staceylcash
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but i get baaad bloating before and during my period. I dont weigh myself at all while im menstrating because i know better. But my clothes dont fit too great and i just feel so bloated. I hate periods. I wish i didnt have one!