Getting ready to SCUBA

Options
maxnsc
maxnsc Posts: 9 Member
Hi, all,

Just wanted to introduce myself... I'm 5'11 and about 195 pounds. I'm trying to drop back down to around 180 and get myself in a little better shape to get back into and under the water. I've used programs similar to this in the past, and I've usually had pretty good luck counting calories and just trying to be eat healthier. Its not always easy of course, and I do fall prey to fast food... (UGH!).. Before I started a more sedentary job, this was not really a problem... It has however caught up with me now.

So far, so good.. I've been consistent since starting a few days ago, and I think I can keep up the momentum so much easier with this all online.

Good luck, everyone!

Madison

Replies

• sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi Madison,

I'm long time (well 8 years) scuba diver and overweight...
    this is not the main reason why I want to getting in shape, but it's one of the reasons...

I'm actually going diving this weekend, cant wait :)
    Sophie
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been certified since I was 13, but haven't been for at least 10 years. I loved it when I was younger, but in OH it's hard to find a local place that's interesting to SCUBA in.

Good luck in fight to lose the extra weight!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

Just wanted to introduce myself... I'm 5'11 and about 195 pounds. I'm trying to drop back down to around 180 and get myself in a little better shape to get back into and under the water. I've used programs similar to this in the past, and I've usually had pretty good luck counting calories and just trying to be eat healthier. Its not always easy of course, and I do fall prey to fast food... (UGH!).. Before I started a more sedentary job, this was not really a problem... It has however caught up with me now.

So far, so good.. I've been consistent since starting a few days ago, and I think I can keep up the momentum so much easier with this all online.

Good luck, everyone!

Madison

Hi Madison
    I'm Steve, 46 y/o-m 5'7" and weighing a little more than you, by about 75lbs or so. I am also into diving and am also looking to drop my weight for many reasons, one being so I can get out and get some lobsters. You can go ahead and add me if you want.

Keep the faith
    Steve
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Being fit enough to dive again is a great goal! And goals are important. I'm finding my weight training helps me to maneuver more easily with all the heavy gear on, and stand up with the tank on my back.

Good luck.
  • maxnsc
    Options
    Sophie,

So jealous! I've got a couple of specialty classes scheduled, but I don't think I'll be in the water again before July!! ACK!! Hope you have a great dive and a safe trip!
  • maxnsc
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I really thought this would let me respond to individual messages. I guess not. Or maybe I just haven't figured it all out yet.

Do take care and be in touch.

Peace!